The Dare Part 2: Mission

Okay, part 2 goes back a little and then continues on. This is Erica's outfit.

Erica's Dorm
Spy School
8:00 PM
Friday
July 4th

Erica's POV:
That day was the day.

I was nervous because I wasn't sure what would happen. Usually I knew. But then, I had no clue. I was told to 'dress casually and be prepared for a little walk.' And to bring my keys? Not sure why but I obliged. I heard a knock. I took a deep breath and walked to the door. He stood in the doorway with a small smile and flowers. I realized he was staring into my eyes, breathless and silent, trying to find words.

"Hey." He managed.

"Hey."

"You're so beautiful."

I blushed and shyly looked down.

"These..." He started as he handed me the roses. "Are for you."

"Awe thanks." I quickly went back and put them in a vase.

"Ready?"

"Ready." I repeated.

He politely offered his hand so I took it as we started walking.

"Where we going?"

"You'll see."

"Oh come on! You're not gonna tell me?"

"Not yet. Just trust me."

"Alright."

We made it off campus but continued walking.

I remembered what Zoe said.

Mission.

Not emotion.

Mission.

I was taking a big risk by going on this date. But Ben deserved a chance. And I'd never tell him if I didn't go and talk to him that night.

So I kept going.

Even though I was scared and walking into it blind.

"So how was your day?" He asked in an effort to start conversation.

"It was okay. Yours?"

"Not bad. But better now." He said with a smile.

"And why is that?" I joked.

"Well earlier when we were all hanging out and celebrating it seemed like you were avoiding me. I wasn't sure why but it seemed like every time I went anywhere near you, you went to talk to someone across the room." He stated sadly. "But now... you're here." He grinned.

"Oh. Sorry. I didn't mean to be rude or whatever. I was just..." I trailed off.

"Just what?" He asked softly.

"Nervous."

"Why?"

"I'm not sure really. I get that way around you sometimes." I said without thinking.

"You do?" He asked with a smirk.

I realized what I said and turned red.

"Oh I uh... no what I meant was... um... well..." He laughed as I stuttered like a fool. "No but... I was um..."

"Don't worry about it. I understand what you meant."

"You do?" I asked confusedly.

"Yeah. I just make you nervous." He grinned.