And Yet I Love You More

Sorry it's a little late but I was writing the LAG chapter and totally forgot. I had a lot of hw too but that's besides the point. This is dedicated to my roomies Jay, or @Agent_Jaydenx, and Bot, or @agentbot08. Jay and Bot, thank you for always being there. I (platonically) love you guys so much and can't imagine my life without you guys in it.

Motel 6
New York 
11:00 PM
Friday
May 4th

Ben's POV:
I was really upset. My girlfriend Erica and I had planned to go out for dinner and a movie tonight but a stupid mission came up so now instead of being in bed and about to go to sleep after an amazing night out, we were in a crappy motel and planning our course of action. I had something special planned but now it was ruined. Believe you me, I was not happy.

I was more upset that we couldn't go out than stay in, but what could I do? I mean, I love being a spy, but I have a life outside of it. I want to have some fun every now and then. We were gonna watch a movie and eat dinner but instead we were there.

We were meeting in Cyrus' room with Catherine because it was only a minor mission and only us four. We'd been talking about important stuff but I was sad and tired and distracted. I zoned out for 4.26 seconds when Cyrus grumbled. 

"Distracted and useless as usual."

"Grandpa!"

"Cyrus!"

I scoffed. "Useless? Wow. Not like Erica and I have-"

"I wasn't talking about Erica. I was talking about you."

"Grandpa." 

"Cyrus. You will not talk to my son in law-"

"Thanks Mrs. Hale but-"

"You can call me Catherine."

"Okay. Thanks Catherine but we're not married."

"Yet."

"Maybe. As to this," I said as I pointed at Cyrus. "may I? I appreciate you standing up for me but I am 25."

"Absolutely."

"Thank you." I looked back to Cyrus. "Let's get a couple things straight. Just because you swore off fun and relationships doesn't mean the rest of the world did. You can hate me all you want but you will not be the reason we break up. If we even do. Now, hate me all you want but Erica and I are happy together and you can't change that. Now we got that cleared up, let's go back to my spying skills. The two of us-"

"I don't doubt my granddaughter's skill."

"Can you just SHUT UP? My god! Everything is about what you want and think. Can I at least make my point before you interrupt me?"

"Fine. But if Erica didn't care about you, you'd be dead for talking to me like that."

"While I don't doubt your skill, you are 91. And I have gotten way better. Injured, maybe. But dead? I doubt it."

He grumbled again. "You're ballsy. Talk."

"As I mentioned, I've gotten way stronger and have trained a ton to improve my skills. The fact of the matter is it clearly paid off at least a little because now I'm partners with Erica and we're the top CIA spies. Not just because of her skill and my smarts but because of both of our skill and smarts combined. I couldn't do it without her. You just can't see that because you're busy hating me for dating Erica. So I'm sorry if I'm disappointed if I'm stuck here arguing with you and not watching a movie with the woman I've loved since the very second I met her when she tackled me." I finished.

He rolled his eyes and went back to work. I was still angry at him and this didn't help. 

"I'll be in our room if you need me E." I said and walked out. I went into the room and closed the door. I stood there and started crying. I leaned back against the wall and slid down it until I was on the floor. I put my head in my hands as the tears fell. Clearly I was more upset than I realized. The lack of sleep didn't help either. I just sat there for a while until I heard a knock.

"Ben?"

Erica's POV:
I stood there silently as Ben spoke. I didn't realize he was so upset about this mission. I knew he wanted to do some fun stuff and I did too. We were gonna watch a movie and cuddle after making dinner. But instead we were here. I understand why he's upset, because I am too but I had no idea it was that bad.

"Erica?" My mother asked.

"Yes?"

"Go."

"What?"

"Go find him and make him feel better. Rest will help. I'm gonna talk to Cyrus for a little and then I'm gonna go to bed as well."

"Go after him?"

"I believe you Americans use this phrase. Duh!"

"Why?"

"You are his girlfriend. He loves you more than anyone else and if anyone can calm him down, it's you."

"But-"

"Just go dear. You know I'm right."

I nodded and went to find him. I heard a sniffle by the door and knocked.

"Hey babe. It's Erica."

"I know. I could never forget your voice."

"Can I come in?"

"I don't want anyone to see me like this. I'm 25. This shouldn't happen. I feel like a 12 year old again."

"Okay." I sat down against the outside of the door. "But I'm not leaving."

"Okay. Sorry I blew up back there. It's just annoying that he thinks no one is good at this but you, him, and Catherine. Like we work together and we always win."

"I know and I'm sorry."

"And I guess I'm more bummed about this spur of the moment mission than I thought. I was really looking forward to spending the night with you and I wanted to ask you something."

"Well I'm right here. What is it?"

"Not here. Not now. Later. Promise."

"Okay." 

I heard him stand up and realized he was gonna open the door so I sat up. He took my hand and helped me up. I pulled him close and hugged him. 

"I love you." He whispered into my ear. "More than anything."

"And yet I still love you more." I said with a smile.

Okay, 2 more on their way :)