Chapter 24: Put Down Roots

~*~*~*~

~*~*~*~

"So," I started as I swallowed the aspirin, "you banged an angel and now she wants to kill you?"

Dean's bright green eyes narrowed into a glare. "She wants to kill Sam." He looked away, turning red, and lowered his voice, sounding rather embarrassed. "But, yeah. Pretty much."

I rolled my eyes to try to hide the jealousy and slight bit of nausea clawing inside me. If anyone asked, I was chalking them both up to my current hangover. Cass continued messing around and chanting things while Sam and I waited patiently on the kitchen bar stools. Bless the behemoth. He was currently rubbing circles on my back while I tried to keep my eyes from looking at any form of light.

A bang and a flash of red came from the bowl Cass was scrying in for the angel Dean had called Anna. I groaned at the noise and dropped my head to the cool counter, wishing someone could just put me out of my misery already. Apparently this chick had contacted Dean last night in his dreams. Which, after he told me, I dryly told him how romantic that was. That was met with a pouty lip and a reminder of how snarky I get when I'm hungover. But can you blame me? One minute you're cuddling with the attractive idiot, the next he's sitting straight up yelling some other woman's name. I guess you could say I'd been in a bad mood since.

She told him she was in trouble and needed his help. After giving him an address, Dean was ready to go guns ablazing to help her. Thankfully, Sam and I had had an odd feeling. Castiel came as soon as we called and had left to check it out. It didn't take long before our sassy angel realized that this Anna girl was a lying piece of concrete and was actually trying to kill Jolly in order to get back in heaven's good graces. Dean had attempted to explain to me how they knew her and why he wanted to trust her, but I had just told him to shut up. I wasn't in the mood.

"Whoa." Cass mumbled, making me look up from the counter. His eyes were closed and he seemed to be focusing. "I found her."

"Where?" Dean asked, concern in his voice that made me lay my head back down with another annoyed groan. If Sam wasn't rubbing my back, I would have already gone back to bed.

"Not where. When."

"What do you mean." I grumbled into the counter, not wanting to bother lifting my head again.

Castiel sighed. "Anna can't get to Sam because of me. So she's going back to another time. 1978."

The hand on my back paused. "'78? We weren't even born yet. Why would she go there?" Sam remarked, confusion evident in his voice.

It made perfect sense to me. Honestly, it was a pretty great idea. "Because if she can keep you from being conceived, then Satan's plan goes to crap. Please keep rubbing my back." My voice was obviously annoyed, but Sam still started back up again.

"Andrea's right." Cass said, obviously tired as well. It took everything in me not to respond with 'duh'. "I will need to go back and confront her."