Chapter 10: Just a Slice of Cherry Pie

~*~*~*~

~*~*~*~

I landed with a thud, cold wood flooring beneath us while my head remained in Dean's lap. On the bright side, my vision seemed to be clearing up nicely. "What the hell?" I moaned, rubbing my forehead and trying to sit up. Dean let his hand follow me on the back of my neck, eyes cautious as they darted between Zachariah and myself.

Assuring himself I was fine, Dean narrowed his eyes at the angel before us. "Well, if it isn't the ghost of Christmas "Screw You"." His voice shook. There wasn't a conscious thought as I set my hand on his shoulder reassuringly; every inch of him seemed to be vibrating.

"Now, enough. Dean, you saw what happened. You know how your stubbornness plays out. Just say 'yes'." Zachariah had a half baked smile stuck on his face as he spoke slowly, seemingly to a child.

Dean threw his head back and forth. "No. No, how do I know that whole thing isn't just one of your tricks?" His eyebrow cocked as he stared down the messenger of God. "Huh? Some angel hocus pocus?"

"The time for tricks is over. Give yourself to Michael. Say 'yes' and we can strike: before Lucifer gets to Sam, before millions die."

An annoyed scoff fell from me. "Yeah, how bout ya turn around and I'll show you where I'm about to strike."

Zachariah's composure fell for the briefest moment. "I'm sorry, who are you? I haven't the faintest idea of who you are or why you're here. Can't you just, I don't know, leave? The big boys are talking right now. Better yet, shut up." He flung a hand at me, and suddenly no noise could come from my mouth. I opened and closed it like a gaping fish, but no sound was uttered. "So, what do you say, Dean?"

Dean's nostrils flared as he tried to keep his composure. Standing up and taking a large gulp of air, I could almost see the wheels spinning in his head with every step he took across the room. Finally, with his back to both Zach and I, he gave a shaky reply. "Nah."

"'Nah'?" Now the one trembling definitely wasn't Dean. Anger radiated off of the angel as Dean coolly turned back around. "You mean to tell me you haven't learned your lesson?"

The stubbornness in his green eyes could have wrestled a tornado to the ground. There was a determination and a strength in them I had never seen before, which sent a shiver down my spine. "Oh, I've learned my lesson, alright." His gaze did not waver from the threat before him. "Just not the one you wanted to teach me."

The pure hatred Zachariah had been holding back could no longer be contained as he exploded. "Well then I'll just have to teach it again! Because I got you now, boy, and I am never letting you-" but suddenly Dean was gone. No warning, no puff of smoke. Just, gone. And here I was, left alone and forgotten with a rather angry angel. He looked around, anger curbing into confusion. "Son of a- you!" Beady eyed gaze finally landing on me, Zach snapped his fingers, freeing my voice. "Where is he?"