Rumour has it .....

Chapter 8

(Play the song attached whilst reading the fanfic)

Darcy’s POV

My breathing quickened and my head started to spin. Reality finally kicked in, I was performing in front of people.....LIVE!! I gulped deeply for air, I was too nervous. “Relax; it’s going to be alright.” I suddenly noticed Josh standing in front of me. “Just breathe, you need to breathe”. I nodded, for reassurance. Josh wrapped me in a hug, in his efforts to calm me down. “You can do this Darcy. I know how amazing you are”. Josh confidence really helped me to relax and realise that I could this.  I smiled, I was so relieved.

I’m sorry I’m so crazy. “You might be crazy”!! I rolled my eyes, whatever. “Being serous it’s just nerves getting in the way”.

If I could, I would just continue talking to Josh but then I heard a petite lady walk into the room.

“Girls you’re up next”, said one of the stage managers.

“Remember, your amazing never forget that” Josh said before I left the room with the girls.

“Your Saturday night starts now” announced Dermot.

~

Dermot told Louis to introduce his first act. “They are a 3 piece female harmony group and they’re hear to entertain you” 3LW yelled Louis.

Before we went on stage, A VT was played. It was so weird hearing our voices on the tape. In the VT, we explained how we where originally called Girls Revolution but we had to change it, so we came up with 3LW as our new name.

 It was finally it , our name had been called out and we where performing.Seeing all the production and dancers behind us was incredible and the judges watching us with the audience. We did a mashup of Rumour has it and Someone like you.

In the order of singing , I went first , then Lauren , we all sang the chorus, then Madison finally sang.Finally I finshed off the song.

She, she ain't real

She ain't gonna be able to love like I will

She, is a stranger

You and i have history

Or don't you remember

Sure shes got it all, but baby is that really what you want ......

She made your heart melt

But you're cold to the core

Now rumor has it she ain't got your love anymore

Rumor has it (Rumor)

Don't forget me i beg

 I remember you said

Sometimes it lasts in love but sometimes it hurts instead,

The audience whistled and cheered as we finished .Only Louis and Nicole stood up and clapped.

I was so relieved that it was over but at the same time, I was so happy that it went well. Nicole was the first judge to comment on our performance.

“Girls, girls, after that performance.... you’re my favorite group in this competition. Another round of cheering exploded from the audience. This immediately made us so happy. I couldn’t contain my excitement .We all looked up to Nicole; she was in a big girl group so she knows what she is talking about.

Next was Tulisa to reply. We really intended to get positive response from Tulisa since during our auditions she was the one that said she liked our “urban routes”.

“Girls what can I say, I love how urban you are. It didn’t show too much in tonight’s song choice but I still loved the song and how you put your twist on it. You shouldn’t change your style for anybody, you’re unique and that’s what people will love you for.

 Next was Garry, “Adele is one of my favourite artists, and to do a mashup of her songs can be a shaky choice. Immediately the audience booed. But tonight you proved me wrong and delivered. For your first live performance it was incredible, well done girls".

“And last but not least we come to Louis”, Dermot said. “Girls, brilliant, in rehearsals you where a little unsure but tonight proved you are strong contenders who not only can sing but can also sing with choreography. I just want people to pick up the phone for you", Louis said in his soft Irish accent.

The audience cheered and chanted “3LW” We were amazed at our positive feedback that we received from each judge.

We walked off the stage, so excited and happy. We where greeted by everyone else and Josh quickly hugged me to congratulate me. “See babe I told you, you could do it! I’m so happy for you guys”, Josh said a little too quickly.

Up next was Union J, I wished all the boys luck and they went off to perform. Since it was best of British, the boys performed Don’t Stop Me Know by Queen. Unlike us, the boys got mix reception from Nicole, Tulisa and Garry. They all complained about the song choice. I was so worried for the boys I didn’t want this to affect them; they deserved to be in the competition .

~

Everyone had performed and it was a mixture of comments for all of us. No one knew for sure who would stay and who would be going home. Dermot announced who was performing tomorrow and it would be Ne-yo and Taylor Swift.

The night was finally over. I was now just waiting for Sunday for the final news......

*Sunday Night

Both Ne-yo and Taylor Swift had performed and now it was time for the results.

We all walked in with our judges,I tried so hard to stay calm and be positive.Dermot now had the letter in his hands and he was about to call the first name.

“The first name I’m about to call is ..........” Tension was defiantly in the room tonight .Everyone wanted this so badly.

JAMES ARTHUR” Dermot called out. James hugged everyone and headed to the green room.

Dermot had now just called 5 other acts and it was left with us, Union J, MK1, Rylan, ,Carolynne, Kye and Christopher

“The next name I’m going to call is......KYE.” Finally, already MK1, Union J, Kye and Christopher had been called. It was left with Rylan, Carolynne and us. We were now sure that we would be going home.

“The next name that I’m going to call and they will join the other contestants is.......” We were all crying at this stage. We didn’t want this to be the end for us.

3LW” We all froze, Dermot called our name, Louis was so thrilled for us. Sadly it meant either Carolynne or Rylan would be going home. In the end it was Carolynne who was sent home. We had all become so close, so it was devastating to see both Rylan and Carolynne to be in the bottom two.

~

As we all left the studio and where now home, I and Josh where cuddled up in the conservatory sofa. “I’m so glad that you didn’t get eliminated, I wasn’t ready to lose my best friend, said a happy Josh. “Me neither, for a split second, I thought it was going to happen. Thank you for helping me through the pressure, if it wasn't for you I would have broken down, I gently sighed

“No problem, I’m here for you no matter what” Said Josh as he played with my hair tenderly.

The rest of the night we slept on the sofa wrapped up warm, my head on his chest and I drifted into a deep sleep....

 * Hope everyone liked this chapter. I uploaded pictures of what the 3LW girls dresses for the live shows. Let me know if you like the idea of me uploading both pictures and songs for the fanfic.The next chapter will be uploaded either Tomorrow or Thursday