Key To My Heart

Chapter 23

(Play the song that is attached to the fanfic)

(Two weeks later ... the final)

Darcy POV

 “The first name that is going to be performing tomorrow night is ................”

*Flashback*

We are finally in the semi finals! Me and the girls couldn’t believe it, it was left with Union J, James and of course us !!  I couldn’t let my emotions get the better of me. As much as I tried to tell myself and others that I had moved on from Josh, deep inside I was still hurting.

Not long after we broke up, I later on found out that Josh was back together with his ex Nicole. What bothered me the most was why Josh couldn’t tell me but instead I had to hear it from other; if our friendship ever meant something to him he could have at least told me.

Oh yeah I remember we weren’t talking, it wasn’t that we refused to talk but each time we were in a room together short stares took place and we turned away, it was too awkward for me. We went from being around each other 24/7 to now we couldn’t look at each other straight in the face.

The one thing that I didn’t want was to leave this competition knowing that we never settled our issues. Even though he hurt me, I still cared about him. I know , I know I should be hating him and saying how he’s a ass hole and how I hate his face , but I’m not like that . Josh was my first serious boyfriend and before that he was my friend. I guess I was still holding on hoping that we could be mates again.

~

Everyone was now in rehearsal mode and we all where rehearing our chosen song for Saturday night. The themes this week was songs for you and songs to get you to the final, there wasn’t much of theme like we had in the past weeks. I guess in a way I saw this as an advantage for me and the girls.

We were in limbo , one minute we had good reviews and everyone was voting for us then the next two week s we were in the bottom two. We knew for sure we had to take this week seriously and pick songs that where genuinely for us.

Because Louis obviously isn’t a singer, Union J and us where given the opportunity to have celebrities perform with us. Union J where to perform with Demi Lovato and sing Skyscraper, where as James would  duet with Nicole and sing Make you feel my love .We came up with Key to my heart by Jessica Jarrell for our song for you choice and I was here by Beyonce as I duet performance.

The girls and I were in shock when Louis confirmed that we would be duetting with Beyonce. This felt unreal, for years I worshipped Beyonce .Plus Jaymi was so jealous that we were performing with Beyonce, the boy loved Beyonce just as much as we did.

For about a week or so, I had gotten back to writing my own songs. This was something I used to do when I was 15, whenever something popped in my head I would write it down. I never took it seriously but my mum saw it as my talent. Surprisingly I was writing a song about Josh, it felt like the only way I could express how I truly felt without going insane.

To think this was our last week , made me sad we had all been living together for 3 months, I just couldn’t imagine after next week that we would all be going back to our normal lives.

*End of Flashback*

“Alright , it’s time for the results , the public have voted,  the two acts with the most votes and are through to the next stage of the X factor final tomorrow, and who received the fewest votes and has finished third in the competition  that act will be heading home tonight . Good luck to everyone. In no particular order; the first act through to the next stage of the final of the X factor tomorrow night is ................”

We all stood there as nervous as ever as the audience cheered for their favourite act to get through. Just as much as we wanted it so bad, James and Union J deserved it just as much. It was always this moment that I hated the silent suspense. Just then Dermot pulled out the envelop and ready to speak.

“3LW!! Congratulations 3LW we will see you tomorrow night” Dermot announced.  The whole crowd immediately   cheered for us, we were still shaking and crying at the same time in our full length dresses.

So James and Union J one of you is through to the next stage of the final and one of you has received the fewest votes from the public and is out of the competition this is it .... 

The second act through to the next stage of the final is........ James!”

“Congratulations James, well done fella we’ll see you tomorrow” Dermot said as he shook James hand and hugged Nicole.

I was so happy for James if there was anyone we wanted to compete with it had to be James, he was the best. But Union J where our friends, we knew how much they wanted to win.

After the announcement, we all were interviewed back stage by Caroline and Olly. The whole time during the interview my mind was all over the place all I could think about was that Josh wasn’t in the competition anymore.

Tomorrow would finally be my last chance, I had to talk to him and tell him I how I felt. I just had to he needed to know ......

A/N: What do you Darcy will say to Josh? Will they get back together? Once again sorry for how long it took me to upload this chapter, hope you guys liked it anyway. I absolutely love this song , I heard it on The Back Up Plan and I wanted it for this chapter . The next chapter will be uploaded on Tuesday .