Dealing with the pain

(Play the song whilst reading for a better affect. The song is Life without you by -Ryan Tedder )

Chapter 22

Josh POV

"Some lessons are best learned trough pain”, who ever came up with this must have never cheated on their girlfriend . I felt like such a prick with how I ended it with Darcy, but I knew I couldn’t keep lying and hurting her. I knew she would hate me for this but I couldn’t lie to her anymore.

I was on my own waiting in the makeup room ready to get my hair done. All I wanted to do was to try my best to avoid Lauren, Madison and mainly Darcy. As stupid as it sounds I blamed Madison and Lauren for the unexpected breakup. I know it was me who did the cheating but I had this thing where I always blamed other people for my mistakes. I wasn’t expecting anyone to pity me because I knew I didn’t deserve it but at least I didn’t want to feel as if I didn’t have someone to talk to.

Like clockwork in walked Ella as she awkwardly walked towards me, already I had prepared myself for what she could say. I don’t know what it was when girls came together they either all hated each other or stuck to each other like glue.

I too awkwardly smiled at Ella as she sat next to me her too waiting to get her hair done. “You on your own, where’s the boys?” she enquired.

Errm well they’re with the Rylan and everyone else plus-... “Darcy’s there” she quickly asked.

Yeah thought I better stay clear away, just don’t want to ruin her night.

“I know I don’t know the full story, but even I knew you cared for Darcy and you wouldn’t purposely want to hurt her.”

Thanks El, I really needed that. I said as I hugged her tightly.

In came the hair stylist who was ready with the hair spray and we pulled apart ready to get started with our hair. Tonight was the Sunday live results fingers crossed tonight would actually be good night and not just a reminder of me and Darcy.

~

Darcy’s POV

Nicole stood with Jahmene, Rylan and James, Tulisa with Ella and Louis came in Union J and us girls. I and Josh awkwardly glanced at each other and quickly eyed the audience. I always hated the feeling of knowing that this could be it for me , I wouldn’t win ,  I really wanted Dermot to call the names out as quick as possible. But obviously let’s be realistic that wasn’t going to happen.

Union J where called first and by the look on all of their faces they where surprised that it was their name that was called out. No matter what I thought of Josh right now, I was happy for him and the lads.   Next was called Jahmene, the only people left was Rylan, James, Ella and us. 

By now I knew there was no way that James and Ella wouldn’t be called be called out next they where everyone’s favorite, in my head I was ready to pack up and leave because from where I was standing tonight would be the last night I would be performing.  

               “....... 3LW congratulations you will be joining the others!”

 I was gobsmacked I stood there frozen, we did it we made it through, maybe because I had cried the whole day yesterday I was now dried out of crying. The girls and I huddled together and hugged each other tightly we were so proud of our self.

Rylan was next to being called out; standing left was James and Ella. No one would have expected to see these two standing here, it was shocking for us. What was going on, how could they have had the least votes, two for my closest friends were up against each other I didn’t want this to happen it couldn’t be .....

“The person with the fewest votes and will be leaving the completion is ...... Ella!”

“Congratulations James, you’ll be joining the others for next week. Everyone backstage was crying, Ella was amazing to us, she didn’t deserve to be leaving the competition and James didn’t deserve to be in the bottom 2.

 This was properly the first time that I ever saw Josh cry so much, and believe me I’ve seen him cry a lot. It didn’t feel right tonight loosing Ella everyone was in bits. How could we all be happy to be in completion if one of our friends wasn’t? Everything was a mess; I just wished everything would go back to normal when I meant everything I meant me and Josh.

A/N: Sorry that it’s been so long since I last updated, since I don’t have any assignments for a while the next update will be on Saturday. Hope everyone liked this chapter and let me know what you want to happen in further chapters. I really appreciate everyone feedback, thank you so much all of you for reading this fan fiction.