sixteen | anxiety

S I X T E E N | A N X I E T Y

★ ★ ★

Blaise was so nervous, he called Jamie multiply times but she wouldn't pick up. He kept going back and forth inside his room, then he threw himself on the bed.

A few moments passed by and then his phone rang, the sound of Matt Healy filling the room while he sang Chocolate.

-Yeah we're dressed in black
from head to toe, we've got
guns hidden under our petticoats-

Looking at the caller's ID he realised its Jamie calling him, he thanked god and then picked up.

'Hello?' Her voice came out somewhat unsure and nervous.

"Hi! Oh my gosh thank god you decided to call me back I tried to contact you all week but you never pick up!" Blaise told her way too quickly, he could almost imagine her scrunching her eyebrows together -it was a well-known habit of hers- whenever she didn't understand anything.

'Okay hold your horses bro, what's up?' Jamie chucked a bit and waited for his reply.

"Um I don't know where to start but can you help me out with something please?" Blaise asked; his voice somewhat unsure.

'Yes sure thing anything for my little penguin!' Jamie assured him.

"Oh not again! How many times do I have to tell you, I'm not your penguin! Luke is!" Blaise defended himself -didn't have to, honestly- and smiled when he remembered Luke's obsession about penguins.

'Anyway go on, I'm listening' She said and Blaise could imagine her rolling her eyes at him.

"Anyway um you know this party we we're told to attend tonight?" Blaise asked and Jamie replied with a quick -yes-.

"Well I ahh, need your help to pick a decent outfit to wear" He hoped, well, prayed that she would agree to help him. He didn't want to look like a psycho who snatched his clothes from the streets in front of her.

'Are you kidding me? You called me non-stop for about one whole day and then you ask me to help you with something that is so simple like that?' Jamie asked with a tune that Blaise wasn't very proud of hearing.

"Well, yeah?" He replied kinda unsure and scratched the back of his neck nervously.

'I guess that I have to agree. It's just your luck that you're Luke's brother otherwise I won't even think of replying to you' She assured him and that made Blaise phew in relief.

"Thank you thank you thank you! You're the best sister-in-law Jamie I love you so much! See you soon" He didn't even wait for her reply before clicking on the red button and ending the call.

Blaise knew how much Jamie got embarrassed and shy when he called her by that name. Sure she was Luke's girlfriend but she didn't reach the level were she is his wife and the sister-in-law of Blaise.

Walking over to his closest he took out some shirts and pants and threw them on his bed. He wanted to make it easier for Jamie to pick out an outfit for him of course.

When he was done he piled up all the clothes on one side and then threw himself on the bed once again.

The nervousness and stress were all gone when he closed his eyes for a little while. Dark spots clogged his vision and then he fell asleep, having a small nap never caused harm to anyone.