five | hero

F I V E | H E R O

★ ★ ★

The boys drifted of to sleep on their living room, and Luke was the only one who woke up in the middle of the night.

He glanced at his watch and it read 1:43am, he quickly pushed himself of the floor and took out his car keys, phone and wallet from the counter and then walked four of the boys' flat without making any noise.

Luke had a lot inside his head so instead of just going home and sleep on his comfy bed he decided to go to the nearby lake; he loved it anyway.

Luke parked his black mustang on the lake's parking lot, he left his stuff inside the car; he wouldn't need them anyway.

He stuffed his hands in his jean's pockets and walked on the grassy pavement. He pulled the jeans jacket he was wearing closer to himself and huffed; it was very cold.

He walked for a good twenty minutes until he decided to sit down on a bench, his legs hurt him really bad and he couldn't move a muscle any longer.

He sat there for a while and kept staring at the lake, the moonlight above was giving the lake a beautiful shine and Luke just smiled; he loved admiring the natural landscapes especially lakes and rivers.

Luke just sat there and closed his eyes, he didn't even know how he would be able to head back home, he was still very tired. While he was deep in his thoughts, he noticed someone's presence next to him.

He opened his eyes and there stood a beautiful young woman, she looked really stressed; just like Luke. She had bags under her eyes, her feminine figure was very fragile and she was shaking uncontrollably.

"Sir...?" She called out for Luke, he lifted his head up and greeted her with a warm smile.

"Hi..." She started and waited for Luke to shake her hand.

"Hey" Luke greeted, took her hand and shook it.

She started hugging herself and looked down at the grassy floor, then turned her gaze back to Luke, "would you mind if I sit here?" She asked and looked away just instantly.

Luke couldn't say no to her, her eyes were full of hope and she looked way too tired, "yes, of course" he replied and shifted to the right side of the bench, giving her enough room.

She thanked him quickly and sat on the left side, keeping a safe distance from herself and Luke.

She face-palmed herself and then spoke quietly, "Oh how rude of me, my name is Jamie, Jamie Russell" she introduced herself and jauntily tossed back her hair and looked back at Luke.

"Luke Hemmings." He said, giving her a small smile.

They both sat down and stared at the stars, Luke was counting them, but Jamie was just staring at the distance.

They sat there for a while but Luke decided to break the silence that was filling the atmosphere.

"Are you okay?" He asked all of a sudden.

"I don't know..." She answered, shrugging her shoulders carelessly.

"Okay..." Luke said, and then looked at their surroundings. There wasn't a lot of people, just some groups here and there. Luke took a look at his watch and it showed 2:30am, he gasped in surprise; did he really spent a lot of time outside?

Jamie knitted her eyebrows and looked at Luke askance, "Is there something wrong?" She asked worry clear in her voice.

Luke's heart warmed at her words, she was worried about him and that made him smile, "Yes, it's just that I've been outside for too long..." He replied and ran a hand through his blond locks.