seven | harsh

S E V E N | H A R S H

★ ★ ★

It was mostly clear that day. Cold breeze hitting Luke's face, and making him shiver because of the weather.

He was walking to the Boys' flat; since his mother claimed that he's 'banned' from using the car, expect for emergencies.

Let's just say that things didn't go smoothly when Luke told his mom about what happened the other day.

It's Liz Hemmings after all.

Luke walked 10 more miles and then he was in front of a massive building, which is where the boys lived.

He sighed heavily, ran a hand through his hair with cold fingers and then stepped inside the huge building.

The lights were oddly dim, and the hallways were very quiet and empty. The first time Luke came here, it was very noisy and crowded.

Luke had a feeling that this would mean something bad... really bad. He didn't make a big deal out of it, and then continued to walk towards the elevator.

The doors of the elevator opened and he was surprised to see who was there...

"Ash? Callum? What's happening in here?" Luke started asking.

"There's no time to explain, we gotta get going" Ashton said sternly, and got a confused look from Luke who was clueless to what was happening.

"We gotta get outside and wait like the others..." Calum announced in a low tone.

Luke didn't bother to ask and followed after the two guys who led him to the back of the building.

The big surprise and shock to Luke was that a huge mass of people were gathered around the building and they were all looking upwards.

A huge scream came from above, a woman's, to be specific...

That made everyone gasp in horror. Including Ashton and Calum. Luke started panicking and fear washed over him.

"Guys, where is Michael...?" Luke asked all of a sudden.

Ashton shrugged his shoulders but avoided eye contact with Luke.

But then Calum tapped on his shoulder and pointed his finger towards to where the scream came from.

Luke still didn't get it, but stood still and looked around his surroundings. But sadly it was just a bunch of random people, mostly elders.

"Are you sure you don't know Michael's whereabouts?" Luke asked Ash again.

Ashton sighed and looked at Luke's eyes, "He's inside the flat, I don't really know what's wrong but he woke us up early in the morning and told us to leave immediately" Ash tried to explain but it wasn't clarifying anything to Luke.

"Yeah, well... We took our phones with us and left, and that's when you found us..." Calum said with a sad look.

Luke was sure that they knew what happened, but they weren't going to tell him.

"Okay... What about those people?" Luke asked trying to get a good explanation.

"Well, I guess Michael told them to leave before he told us?" Ashton answered.

"Oh really? Who is he, that everybody obeyed him?" Luke crossed his arms and looked at both of Calum and Ashton.

They both looked away and started fiddling with their hands.

Ashton looked at Luke again, "It's complicated Luke, you'll never understand"

"Let's leave this for another day, okay?" Calum told Luke trying to change the whole subject.