eight | memories

E I G H T | M E M O R I E S

★ ★ ★

-flashback-

The ride to school was the most boring ride in the whole history for Luke. Of course it was boring for all the student mass; but for Luke, he hated it and everything about school.

The thought of school disgusted him.

He hopped out of the car once it stopped, said quick goodbyes to his parents and walked towards a group of boys who were chatting and whatsoever.

Jacob, Sammy, Kenny, Aaron, Nate and Michael.

These were in Luke's 'squad' as they called it. He headed towards them and did the bro-fist and come-at-me-bro thingy with everyone.

"So how's your day?" Luke asked all of a sudden, getting everyone's attention.

Why would he even ask them that? It's just the beginning of the day.

"Dude, we just came to this hell-hole, what's with you?" Sammy wrinkled his eyebrows in confusion.

"Just wondering, gosh!" Luke defended himself.

They laughed at Luke's weird question and headed towards the school entrance, but something caught Luke's eyes...

Kade.

He had a major crush on that one girl. Every guy in their school wanted her so bad, but not as much as Luke did.

Kade is smart, gorgeous, pretty, cute and all of that. But when it came to boys, she would be the meanest person in the whole world. Most importantly she's...

Michael's sister.

See, Michael isn't the type of guy that you can't mess with, not even his friends could do that.

Luke couldn't do anything about it honestly, so he decided to just back off and find himself another girl, but it was hard since she stole his heart.

And she won't give it back.

-

They boys sat at their usual table. Every single one of them was seated with a random chick, including Luke.

The ginger haired girl who now sat on his lap, was laughing so loud that everyone in the cafeteria was looking at their direction.

It wasn't weird.

After all they're the players who are seen with a new chick weekly.

They laughed, joked around, mocked each other, made some nasty jokes now and then until Michael decided to stand up to announce something.

"Ah me and the guys have to leave immediately..." He announced, getting confused look from the girls, and the boys as well. They were clueless as to where they had to be right now.

"Man, we were having fun why wou--" Kenny started complaining.

"Shut your mouth and get up." Michael ordered, he was the leader after all, and they had to obey him.

They boys all huffed in defeat and got up, telling the girls they had to go. They already heard Michael but the boys wanted to reassure them.

When they were on their way to the parking lot, Michael literally face-palmed himself; he forgot his phone and he told them he'll catch up with them later.

They were instructed to go to Jacob's house because it was the biggest and everything they needed would be there.

But before they could even go to Nate's car. They caught sight of the blonde haired beauty.

All of them watched her, like a predator with its prey. She started looking inside her bag for something and searched for it, but she couldn't find it.

She started cursing and ran a hand through her hair. That's when one of them coughed to catch the boys attention. Luckily she didn't hear stupid Aaron coughing.

"Guys look I have a great idea in my mind..." He told the boys, with a devilish smile.

"Ohh I know what you're thinking about" Jacob told Aaron.

"Can we even do that?" Sammy asked, with an unsure tune.

"I don't know man, that sounds crazy" Nate said scratching the back of his neck.

"Guys, honestly! We can't do that to Michael!" Luke told his friends, getting low chuckles from Nate and Kenny.

"It's not even funny!" Luke whisper-yelled at the both of them.

"I agree with Luke, we can't betray him like that guys, think straight for a moment" Sammy defended, standing beside Luke.

The boys had a deep conversation after what hearing Sammy's opinion on all of this. Then they settled on doing it anyway.

"Michael will never know..." Aaron told the boys in an assuring tune.

Little did they know.

-end of flashback-

***

That night Luke couldn't sleep. He kept flipping on his bed and was so unable to fall asleep.

So he stood up and wore his normal attire, jeans, a sweater, and never forgot his beanie and vans. He slowly closed his bedroom's door; careful not to cause any noise, he didn't want to wake his parents up and be questioned about why he's up in the middle of the night.

He went downstairs and took his jacket from the hanger before he went outside and started walking towards the city.

The events from that day kept coming up in his mind continuously and won't leave his head.

He huffed in anger and pulled his jacket closer to him, it was cold, and Luke hated cold so much, which made him more pissed off than he already was.

He stopped in front of a small local restaurant, the lights were dim and it was hard to see if anyone was still in. So Luke decided to take a closer look at it, he moved closer to the widows and saw someone mopping the floor.

It was a girl most likely, because the body shape was feminine. The person didn't acknowledge Luke's presence yet, so he started tapping the window. The person was wearing a hoodie and the cap was pulled up so it was hard to see their face.

The person jumped back in fear when they realised that a blonde haired guy was knocking on the window.

It was a girl.

And she looked kind of familiar, but Luke couldn't see her face clearly; due to the darkness inside the restaurant.

She put the mop down and went to God knows where. Luke waited for the girl to come back but she took more than five minutes so he was deciding to leave.

But then she came back holding a white paper up, it has something written down.

'Sorry, We're closed, leave immediately please'

Luke chuckled at her actions and wondered why couldn't she just come out and tell him that? It's not that hard.

She shrugged her shoulders and went back to her work. Ignoring him completely, Luke just laughed at the girl with the hoodie and continued his walk.

He walked around the city which was very quite at that time and there was a small mass of people walking here and there. It was past midnight after all.

When he took a look at his watch he realised its already 3am. His eyes widened in surprise and he hurried to go back home.

He was not ready to face an angry Liz Hemmings again... not after what happened last time he came back home late.