Invasion and A Rescue?

~With Peter; Wednesday~

While I was in a match with Kieth, someone was invading the ring and hit me with a steel chair, having the match end in no contest. The figure had a black hoodie with a black face mask, same with six other dudes who were beating us up. One hit me with a finisher that felt familiar. And that was when I knew it was someone from another company. The figures took their hoodie and face masks off, and they were none other than...

Renallo: OH MY GOD! It's Cody Rhodes! Kenny Omega, The Young Bucks, Hangman Adam Page, Brandi Rhodes, THE ELITE ARE HERE!

Beth: We've never seen Cody and Brandi since 2016!

Hunter came out with Johnny Gargano, Ciampa, The Revival, including my girlfriend.

Hunter: Get those indie bastards! They shouldn't be here!

They were going at it until I regained my attention and tried to connect with the Symbol of Anarchy on Cody, but Brandi saved her husband and The Elite retreated. I had to talk.

Me: You idiots shouldn't be here! This isn't your little indie wrestling company, this isn't Ring of Honor or New Japan, you're in our house, bitches!

The crowd went absolutely insane and I was gonna go on.

Me: You want a war?!

I said, smiling a crazed smile.

Me: YOU JUST GOT IT!

They left the building as the crowd went wild. I had to go back to the locker room and try to vent. Kairi followed suit to check on me.

Kairi: Peter. What's wrong?

Me: Ever since Chris retired, I'm questioning whether he's telling the truth or lying. I looked up to him. He was my friend. I don't know. I'm starting to question my own friendships.

Kairi: Don't tell me you're gonna stop trusting me.

Me: I definitely trust you, but I'm not sure.

Kairi was my life and I wouldn't give her away, but something's telling me I shouldn't trust her. Since those AEW guys attacked us tonight, we're unaware about what's gonna happen next.

~Next Week; Wednesday~

Kairi was cleared to compete and I was really excited because not only will she be competing in a match against a jobber, Duke and Shafir are attacking her, leading to Shayna coming out to either save Kairi or beat her down with them.

Match Card:

The Revival (c) v Kushida and Alex Shelly (new signees to NXT)

Kairi Sane v Gionna Purazzo (jobber)

#DIY v Imperium

Kacy Catanzaro v Kayden Carter

Cesaro (c) v Dominik Dijakovik (c)

Results (so far):

Kushida and Alex Shelly def The Revival (c) - NEW NUMBER ONE CONTENDERS!

Kairi Sane def Gionna Purazzo

Right after Kairi defeated that jobber Shafir and Duke came down to beat her down. Once they held Kairi to beat her up some more, Shayna came down with a steel chair. This is where she decides to either save my girlfriend or beat her down.

~With Shayna~

I ran down with a chair and I had to pick a side. I apologized to Peter for everything I put Kairi and him through, but at the same time, I have this ruthless aggression where I needed to change my attitude. It's now or never.

Renallo: MAMMA MIA! SHAYNA BAYZLER ATTACKING HER OWN FRIENDS! A CHAIR SHOT TO SHAFIR'S BACK! THERE GOES DUKE!

I screamed "Let's go!" to the crowd as I was loving my face turn. I went over to Kairi and held out my hand.

Me: Can you stand?

Kairi grabbed myself hand, got up and what I did shocked everyone, I hugged her with all my strength and held her hand up, pointing to her as the winner.

~With Peter~

Shayna proved to me that she's changed. You got my respect, girl. You're back as an NXT Superstar.

The rest of the results:

#DIY def Imperium

Kayden Carter def Kacy Catanzaro by interference from Brandi Rhodes and Allie from AEW.

Cesaro (c) v Dominik Dijakovik (c) ended in no contest due to a run-in from The Elite.

I came out with The Revival and #DIY to save Cesaro and Dijakovik, until a familiar face ambushed us.

Renallo: WHAT THE HELL! THAT'S DUSTIN RHODES! DUSTIN RHODES IN NXT! AND A FINAL RECKONING TO PETER REYNOLDS!

Beth: We haven't seen him in forever!

The crowd was shocked and booing at him. They eventually retreated after we fought back, but Regal had something to say about it.

Regal: You think you can get away with it by attacking our greatest superstars and think your company is superior? WRONG!

The crowd cheered as he was about to say something that would end this invasion.

Regal: How about we end this in a match we all know and love...

What was he going to say? What kind of match will it be?

Regal: WARGAMES!

The crowd exploded with cheers and The Elite was stunned. That got me fired up and it felt jolly good! They left stunned, especially the crowd.

~10:00 PM~

I wanted to see Shayna for a bit and I thought it wouldn't be too much trouble.

Me: Shayna! Come here.

She walked to me and I had a smile on my face.

Me: You proved to me tonight that you changed. You earned my respect, Shayna. Welcome back to NXT.

She went to hug me, and I had to return it.

Shayna: Thank you for trusting me again.

Me: Do you promise to help us win against AEW and help Kairi no matter what?

Shayna: Yes. I promise.

Me: Good. Now go home. I gotta check on Kairi.

Shayna: 'Kay. See you.

Me: Yep.

We hugged one more time and I went to check on Kairi.

Me: How you doing, Kairi?

Kairi: Why did Shayna save me?

Me: It was a test for her. She wanted to apologize for putting us through hell. I'm not really a forgiving person but tonight, she earned my respect and I forgive her. Do you?

Kairi: Yeah. I do forgive her.

Me: Let's go home.

We both went home and waited for WarGames in two weeks, but we wouldn't invade an AEW: Dynamite show until one week later.