A New Friendship?

~With Peter~

Since we got back from Japan, Hunter wanted to talk to me about something. I wondered what it was. When I got to his office, he was cheery.

Hunter: How was Japan?

Me: Oh, it's fantastic like always. Thanks for asking.

Hunter: Absolutely. Sit down, kid.

I sat down and I listened.

Hunter: I wanna talk about your future in NXT.

Me: Really?

Hunter: Yeah. Since you gave the title to Cesaro, everyone was watching from the other company to here now. We've beaten them by ratings alone.

Me: That's good.

Hunter: Yeah it is. I want to make you an offer.

Me: What is it?

Hunter: How would you feel if you join the creative team for NXT?

Me? As a writer for the creative team? I can't. Not while my stock is good. I have to decline.

Me: Hunter, I appreciate the offer, but you gotta understand: I have many years left in this joint and I don't wanna sit in a room getting different ideas from people concerning the product.

Hunter: So you're saying you decline?

Me: Yes sir. Respectfully.

Hunter: I can't stop you from think with your heart. How about this: the Royal Rumble's around the corner. How would you feel if you wanna enter the match?

Me: What's the date?

Hunter: January 25.

Me: That's my birthday, right there!

Hunter: It is?!

Me: Yeah!

Hunter: Alright. What number?

Me: 29. That's how old I'm gonna be that day.

Hunter: Okay. I'll advise Vince that number 29 is indeed taken already.

Me: Also, ask Kairi about this. I think she'd love to be in the Rumble.

Hunter: Okay. I'll ask her. You know this has been a while since we've had an NXT Superstar debut in the Royal Rumble, but in a spot where the number is the age of one wrestler is entering.

Me: It is?

Hunter: Yeah. That's all I wanted to talk to you about. If there's anything I know, I'll tell you.

Me: Sounds good Hunter.

We shook hands and when I went out, I saw Shayna looking at me.

Shayna: We know that our rivalry is going beyond the rails, but I wanna tell you something.

What would she say? When I thought that she had a tear in her eye.

Shayna: I'm sorry for everything.

Say WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!

Me: I'm sorry, what?

Shayna: Ronda recently got through to me saying that what I've been doing was cruel and I want to come clean: I want to apologize for everything I've done to you and Kairi. Me putting her on the shelf made me feel guilty. Peter, please. At least consider to forgive me. I'm sorry. For everything.

I'm shocked. I didn't think Shayna would grow a set of balls to apologize to Kairi and I. In my heart I still don't trust her, but I'm thinking I should give her a chance to redeem herself, but I have an idea.

Me: Shayna. You may say that breaking Kairi's arm made you feel guilty, but right now, I don't trust you.

~With Shayna~

He doesn't trust me? I thought he would find my apology to be convincing.

Peter: However...

Huh?

Peter: I'll give you a little test: since I'm in charge of Kairi's booking, I'll have your friends Jessamyn Duke and Marina Shafir attack Kairi next week on NXT, when she's cleared to compete. That's when you come out and stop them with a steel chair. Now here's the real hard part: they hold Kairi by the arms and they will question your loyalty like I'm questioning your apology. Here's the test: will you save Kairi and help her out, or will you strike her and beat her down with your friends? It's your choice and I don't want you to be hesitant because if you are, that shows to me you're still a bully. Think about it. I'll see you later.

Peter walked away and I was confused AS FUCK. He'll be testing me next week on Wednesday?! I can't take this test lightly because he just told me he doesn't trust me.