A Call That Broke Me In Half

~With Peter~

Kairi and I were walking around the mall browsing and hanging out until I received a call from an unknown number. I had to answer it.

Me: Hello?

Unknown: Hello is this Peter Reynolds of the WWE?

Me: Uh, yeah?

Unknown: This is Officer Parker from the Sherrif's office. I just wanted to inform you that your mother, Danielle Reynolds, has been in a car accident.

My heart sank and I needed to know if she was okay.

Me: Kairi, I need to take this. Give me a minute.

Kairi: Go ahead.

I walked away to take the call, holding back my tears.

Me: Wait, what? Is she alive?

Unknown: I'm afraid not, sir.

The phone slipped out of my hand as my breathing was hitching. Kairi noticed and went towards me.

Kairi: Peter? Peter what's wrong?

I sat down near a bench to process what I was told. I started tearing up and silently sobbing.

Kairi: What's going on?

Me: My mom. She was in an accident.

Kairi: What? Is she okay?

I shook my head slowly as she gasped.

Me: She didn't make it.

She held me in her arms in tears as I was trying to process this. I had to give Hunter a call.

Hunter: Peter?

Me: Hunter. I need some time off.

Hunter: What's wrong? You sound upset.

Me: My mom, she just died.

Hunter: Oh, man. I'm so sorry, kid. Take as long as you need. We got it here. I'll let everyone know.

Me: Thanks Hunter.

Hunter: Not a problem. Let us know when the funeral is.

Me: I will. I'll let you know.

As soon as I finished the call, I had to motion Kairi so we could leave.

When we got home, I went on Twitter to post a picture of my mom and I hanging out and I wrote:

@IamPeterR

"My advice is spend time with your loved ones before they're gone. I love you, mom."

My post exploded with love and support from my followers and I was grateful for them. Here are some performers on Twitter.

@TripleH

"I just got word from @IAmPeterR that just lost his mother. I'm thinking of him tonight."

@CandiceLeRae

"No! Oh my God, I'm so sorry, @IAmPeterR! I hope you're doing okay! I'm sending out my thoughts and prayers to you!"

@BobbyFishWWE

"RIP Danielle. I'll be thinking of the Reynolds family tonight."

@ShiraiIo

"RIP Danielle Reynolds"

@AdamColeBAYBAY

"RIP Danielle Reynolds"

@TeganNoxWWE

"Danielle was so kind! Truly praying for @IAmPeterR right now."

@WilliamRegalWWE

"@IAmPeterR, I am so sorry for your loss. I hope you're okay. I'm praying for you right this moment."

@KairiSaneWWE

"I love you, Danielle."

After reading every message they sent me, I was sobbing. Kairi pulled me in for a hug and I kept crying.

Turned out it was her ex-boyfriend and it was for abandoning him after he cheated on her, and much other stuff.

It was just like my dad dying all over again. When I got to the morgue at the hospital, I recognized her and I broke down crying. Her face was so damaged, I didn't even want an open coffin at the funeral.

~With Kairi~

Poor Peter, receiving the news that his mother died, not after a day he won the NXT Championship, is heartbreaking. And Danielle, she was so kind, it made me cry too. We just went to sleep just to try and forget about this day.

~With Peter~

I'll never have her see me get called up the main roster. This is why I'm an Anarchist. FUCK. THE. WORLD. AND. ITS. GODDAMN. DESIRES.