[1-5] Anthology Chapter

[1] Dadzawa

You were late. Aizawa Shouta wasn't one to worry by all means, but it was way past curfew, and with your circumstances and the USJ incident he was, well... worried.

Sitting at the messy dining room table, papers from class scattered everywhere, Aizawa glanced over at the time in irritation. Five more minutes. He'd give you five more minutes before he took action. You weren't punctual in general, but this was late, even for you, and he worried that the League had -

Cut off from the slew of thoughts that raced in his head, the door slammed open, revealing your frazzled form. [H/c] hair was sticking out everywhere, and you were panting. Clearly you had gotten some exercise in.

"You're late."

His voice came out flat, his eyes narrowed. It was easy to tell he was mad, and you immediately bowed, shutting the door behind you.

"I'm sorry!" you quickly apologized. "I got carried away while training for the sport's festival."

Your explanation made him sigh, and he ran a hand through messy locks. "At least let me know if you're going to be late next time. I thought..."

His voice trailed off, and you tilted your head out of confusion. Why was he worried? It wasn't like he was your family, so you were a bit baffled at why he worried for you. He was like a dad. It didn't bother you, though - in fact, you were touched. Growing up with only Gon's aunt as your parental figure, it was nice to have a dad-like figure in your life. You giggled slightly, adding onto his annoyance with you, and asked, "Is this what a dad acts like?"

Your question confused him. "I... suppose. What do you mean?"

You shrugged, sitting down at the table with him. "I don't know my parents. I grew up with Gon's aunt as the closest thing to a parent. It's... nice," you finished lamely, before stretching your arms up above your head.

While it didn't seem like you cared about your childhood circumstances, Aizawa frowned slightly, annoyance ebbing into pity. From what you had told him, you had a rough life. Going to school and being here was probably the most routine and normalcy you had gotten in your life.

Before he could say anything in response, you were talking again. "Is it fine if I just call you 'dad'?"

The question threw Aizawa completely off guard, taking him aback as he looked over at you with widened eyes. You weren't bothered, instead staring at him curiously. You only grew a bit flustered when Aizawa didn't answer right away, with your hands flailing around as you spoke up. "I mean, it's fine if you don't want me to! It's just - I mean, I just see you as a dad! I think! I don't know, I, well, I've never had a dad before..." Trailing off, you looked down, fiddling with the hem of your shirt and refusing to meet his eyes.

"[Y/n]."

Upon hearing your name, you still didn't look up, and you heard Aizawa sigh before you heard movement. It was only when you felt a hand on your shoulder that you looked up, seeing Aizawa kneeling down to your height. You still didn't say anything, pressing your lips together in a thin line and preparing yourself for him to tell you that he wasn't your actual dad.

"It's fine."

[E/c] eyes widened in shock. "What?" you asked, and Aizawa let out yet another sigh at your in-eloquence.