[14] Go Seize It!

The problem with team battles was that they were definitely not your forte. You weren't necessarily what you'd call a "team player", but this wasn't a game that you could exactly do by yourself, either. In other words, you felt screwed.

The thing was, you didn't want to team up with Izuku. You loved him, sure, he was a great friend! But you did not want that ten million points issue on your team, because then everybody would be targeting you and that was just not something you were prepared for.

Your next option was Shouto, but he seemed dead set on who he wanted on his team, and everybody was crowding Katsuki in an attempt to be on his team. Humming, you looked around as everybody started to talk and form their own alliances for the time being. Honestly, you were kind of offended nobody had come up to you to invite you to be on their team, yet. What was up with that?! You were amazing!

On cue, you were approached by Minoru, the kid only reaching about the height of your waist as his eyes gleamed up at you.

"[Y/n], join my-"

"Hell no."

Walking away and leaving him in the dust, you looked around in thought. If possible, you wanted to work with somebody new, but the downside to that was that you didn't know what to expect when working with somebody who's quirks you don't know.

Feeling a finger tap your shoulder, you whirled around to see a familiar face crowded by crazy purple hair, your eyes brightening up.

"Hey, [Y/n]."

"Toshi!"

Gathering the teen in a hug, you pulled back, grasping his hands as an idea hit your brain. "Hey, Hitoshi, let's team up!"

He seemed a bit shocked for a moment, but then nodded, an unsure look on his face before he gave you a grin. "We already have two other members, so we're set," he reassured you, and you cheered in response, following him to where the other teammates supposedly were. The entire time he kept shooting glances over at you, purple eyebrows furrowed in confusion. Was he confused that you wanted to team up with him?

"Is something wrong?" you asked him, unable to suppress your curiosity, but he simply shook his head as you two stopped in front of two of your classmates. Tilting your head to the side, you hummed. "Mashirao Ojirou and Yuuga Aoyama, right?"

Thankfully, neither one acknowledged you said their names backwards. In fact, Mashirao didn't acknowledge you at all, staring blankly, and you shook your head as Yuuga nodded, giving you a wink.

Okay then.

Turning to Hitoshi, you grinned, pulling them in a huddle. "Alright, so what's the plan? I don't know your quirk, so you'll have to take the lead," you told him, and he hummed, nodding once.

"You'll see what it is later. I'll be the rider, he," Hitoshi motioned towards the blanked out Mashirao, "will be the front horse, and you and your other classmate will support from the sides."

You nodded, opting to not bother Hitoshi for now. "Aye aye! I'm lacking on the defense front right now, but I'll certainly try my best!" you cheerily replied.

After a bit of discussing, it was agreed to go with Hitoshi's set-up, and just in time too as the buzzer blared, letting you all know that the second game was about to start. Everybody else had sectioned off into their own teams, and you hummed, eyes sharp and cautious as you examined your opponents.

"Izuku, Shouto, and Katsuki are all on different teams... I know Shouto and Katsuki will most likely be after Izuku, but we should keep an eye out for them as well..." Your words were low, and meant more as a personal observation than a comment to your teammates, but Hitoshi nodded anyways in agreement.