END 8: Sero Hanta

"My decision . . . Guys, I'm — okay, I'm going to level with y'all, I'm really hungry."

Your group of friends deadpanned at the strange change of subject, but you continued. "Like, I'm going back of course, but you guys go first. I'm going to go raid the dorm fridge for a late night snack before I leave."

". . . Are you being serious right now?" Kurapika asked, looking equal parts exasperated and confused. I mean, what was he expecting, seriously? When you're hungry, you're hungry. A girl's gotta eat!

Killua, rolling his eyes, was not surprised whatsoever. "Some people never change," he joked, before looking over at Gon. "Let's go. Maybe we'll get lucky and end up in a different place than her."

You could feel your irritation start to pop off, giving him a forced smile. "Excuse me, Killua, I'll make sure that portal goes right back to your house!"

Killua glared at you, the two of you butting heads once more. "Oh yeah?! I have free reign to come and go, now! Meanwhile, your dumbass will probably wind up in that swamp or on some deserted island!"

Gon jumped in between the two of you with a raised hand before you and Killua could try and strangle each other. A bead of sweat dripped down the teen's face, but he was used to it by now — Gon was quick to learn that Killua was just not good with women, especially you or Bisky.

"[Y/n]-nee, are you going to meet back up with us in our world?"

You hummed, frowning slightly. ". . . Honestly, I kind of want to go back home and visit Aunt Mito for a bit. I miss her. But..." You trailed off, and Killua huffed, flicking your forehead lightly.

"We'll be fine, so stop worrying over us like you're our mother," he grumbled. Your smile turned more genuine, almost bittersweet.

"I know. You two are pretty damn strong." Looking past them and at Kurapika and Leorio, you tilted your head. "Besides, you two also look out for them in your own way, right?"

Leorio laughed sheepishly, rubbing the back of his neck. "Only because Gon doesn't have much common sense."

"Hey!"

Killua had turned against Gon, shrugging and sticking his tongue out. "The old man's not wrong."

"WHAT DID YOU CALL ME?!"

Kurapika and you had started laughing at the same time, the carefree banter easing your heart. Kurapika walked up and gave you a quick hug.

"We'll meet up again soon. Just stay out of trouble, alright?"

You nodded, and Leorio ruffled your hair, messing it all up as he grinned. "I'll see you around, [Y/n]. Don't forget to think about it."

Even though you knew exactly what he was talking about, you hadn't acknowledged it as him and Kurapika left, your smile dampening slightly. You loved Leorio, yes, but as a significant other? No, not really.

"Think about what?"

Gon's intrusive question had you jump, face turning red. "NOTHING!" You exclaimed, voice cracking. Laughing awkwardly, you pulled him and Killua into a tight hug. "Um, I'm going to miss you all a lot!"

"We'll be okay, don't worry!"

"Stop worrying like a helicopter mom."

Letting go of the two, you patted Gon's head before patting Killua's, the latter trying to swat your hands away to no avail. "You two have fun and kick ass, 'kay?"

You received two sets of grins: one happy, and one smug.

"Got it!"

With that said, Gon had dragged Killua into the portal before it closed — and just in time, too, as your stomach let out a painfully loud growl.