May Nothing Like Me Ever Happen to You Again

"Silver?"

Ariana recognized the name and she froze. Only one person had ever called her that and he'd hurt her more than she had ever expected.

"Gellert?" She asked unsure if the haggard man in front of her was really her brother's closest friend.

His breath hitched and he fell to his knees crying and apologizing. Ariana rushed over to him and knelt next to him comforting him.

"I'm sorry Silver, I regret everything I've ever done For the Greater Good." He kept his head down in shame.

"Regret is the most important thing anyone can have. To regret something shows your humanity," Ariana said coolly.

"Vhen did you get so vise?" He asked jokingly. Ariana smiled and took out a piece of paper from her pouch.

"I never got the chance to give it to you, since, well, I died." She handed him the paper and he unfolded it. He stared at it fondly. It was a drawing of him as a young man with his hands behind his back looking sideways with a cold expression.

"It looks so real," he said stroking the paper. Ariana patted his shoulder and got up walking towards a desk and bed that sat in the middle of the green. She opened a drawer in the desk and pulled out a heap of papers.

To Gellert they were just random people but to Ariana they were memories of each person and animal that had ever spoken to her while she had been stuck in limbo. Gellert looked at them and read the short description on the back of each person and animal's picture.

She pulled out a picture and blew the dust off of it and handed it to Gellert. It was of the two of them and her brothers. Gellert sat lazily in a fancy chair holding Albus' hand who was sitting on the arm of the chair. Aberforth had his leg up on the arm of the chair where Albus was sitting and Ariana sat on the floor in front of him. They all had looks of contentment and Ariana chuckled lightly at the drawing, setting it back on the desk.

"I drew it right after I came here," she said. "It hurt me so much to draw it that I hid it away. I wanted to forgive you and my brothers so much and I hoped this helped but it didn't. The only thing I felt for the three of you was annoyance at your stupidity. Hearing you say that you regret everything makes me see that you do deserve to be forgiven and so do my brothers. And now that I have, I can finally see my mother again."

"And me?" Gellert asked.

"I'm not sure. You had a complicated life, it could be anything. But could you continue to greet people and write about them?"

"I'm sorry Silver, but I am a criminal in the living world, no one vould trust me."

"You look barely recognizable. You've changed on the outside and the inside, they wouldn't see you as a criminal. Just as a nice old man who wants to write their story, you can start with me."

"I guess I vill stay here if it means they won't recognize me."

"Let's begin, you do me and then I'll do you."

"Alright Silver," Gellert said picking up a quill and piece of paper, "tell me about your life and death."

Gellert wrote down Ariana's story that was, compared to his own, extremely short. It included all her trauma and Gellert wondered how she was still a functioning human when she had been alive. When she finished, ending when Gellert had found her, she took back the drawing of young Gellert Gridelwald and began writing his story on the back of it.

She hugged him tightly trying to make him feel better about her death. 

"Even if we never see each other again, you will always be important to me," she said.

"You as vell Silver," he said, as she walked away. "And may nothing like me ever happen to you again."

End.

Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed reading this as much as I did writing it. Have a great rest of your life and stay sane.

-Hunnybutterfly