Acceptance and Love

Ariana walked through the damp grass, it was early morning and her brothers were still asleep. She did this everyday, wake up early and watch the sun rise. Sometimes she thought it was her mother coming up to watch over her, but she knew that wasn't true Albus said the sun was a ball of gas millions of miles away.

      Albus was stressed and Ariana could tell, he stayed up late and was always tired when they knitted together. He would often times fall asleep on the table with a book and Ariana would put a blanket over his shoulders. 

     Him and Aberforth constantly argued any chance they got, it was always about her and her illness. She felt guilty about everything, if she hadn't been practicing magic outside then those boys wouldn't have beaten her, and her father wouldn't have attacked them and gone to Azkaban. If she hadn't lost control then her mother would have still been alive and able to make Albus and Aberforth from fighting. In her mind everything was her fault.

      She thought of this every morning, she imagined what it would be like to have her parents back and them to be a family. She thought of what it would be like to attend Hogwarts, she would be in Griffindor just like her brothers, she would have a best friend named Holly and they would get into mischief together but never get caught. 

     Ariana smiled as the sun rose and cast a warm glow over her, the sun's warmth gave her the same feeling that her mother did. It was acceptance and love. Her brothers loved her but it never felt like she was accepted by them. She felt like a burden to them. Obviously they would never tell her because they were too nice.

 Ariana laid down in the grass, the blades poked her through her dress. She giggled as one grazed her neck and moved her head to the side. This was one of the few moments she truly felt peace and she savored it until Aberforth would babysit her.