Beauty Can be Created From the Worst of Things

Ariana sat on her bed as Albus brushed her hair. It felt nice on her scalp, a cleansing, when her hair was brushed she felt like a new version of herself. She had the same flaws, but she just felt better. It was one of the few things that made her into a pool of happiness.

     "Albus?" She asked quietly.

     "Yes Ariana."

     "Can you tell me a story from when you were at Hogwarts?"

      Ariana could feel Albus' light chuckle before he said "Alright, what kind of story?"

     "One where you get into trouble." She said smiling

     "You remember Elphias?" Ariana nodded, he showed up in many of her eldest brother's stories.

     "Well, we wanted to make Greek fire with a twist. Instead of regular Greek fire it was going to take form as a lion. So we tried making regular Greek fire first. You do know what Greek fire is right?"

    "No"

     "Well it's a mixture that can be thrown on water and it will still burn, its very dangerous but Elphias and I were determined. It took us awhile but we eventually got permission to go in the restricted section to find the instructions."

     Albus was now done brushing Ariana's hair, and she turned around to face him.

"We decided to do it in our dormitory so no one could see. We kept three jars of it in case it didn't work the first time. We had a bucket of water and we poured the mixture on it, it was quite mesmerizing to watch. All we had to do now was some transfiguration. We tried it on the first two but they quickly burned out.

"On the last try we succeeded, and a beautiful Lion was dancing about our dormitory. It took us some time to notice that it  was leaving scorch marks after staring at for so long. We scrambled to put it out but in stopping the magnificent creature from being free we had frightened it and it did not like that it ran rampant through the dorm and eventually set my drapes on fire. It burned down quickly after that and I got new drapes. Not that I ever liked the old ones."

Aberforth had come in and was listening to Albus's story. Ariana giggled at Albus's joke and smiled to Aberforth.

"But something I realized from that adventure was, destruction that is created can easily be beautiful and peaceful. The lion was created with Greek fire, a weapon, but it turned out the lion wanted nothing to do with destruction and only accidentally caused my drapes to catch on fire. Beauty can be created from the worst of things."

Ariana smiled and gave her brother a big hug.

"I like that story," Ariana said, still hugging her brother.

"It was rather good wasn't it?" Aberforth responded, "Ariana should be going to bed now brother"

"Yes I suppose so. Goodnight Ariana sweet dreams." Ariana smiled and Albus left the room.

"Abe?" Ariana called, "can you cuddle with me for a while?"

"I guess it wouldn't hurt." Aberforth got into bed next to his little sister. Ariana looked up at him and booped his nose. 

It reminded her of when Albus was at school and their mother was out, and all they did was talk about the what if's and imagined their own little lands. Aberforth always made sure to include goats in his make believe world that  could carry any beverage. Ariana's world always had her as the most powerful witch who ruled the land and always enforced kindness. Her subjects loved her and her brothers were members of the royal court. But she fell in love with a poor man and gave up everything to be with him. 

Ariana was drifting off to sleep as images of her imaginary lover flooded her mind. She felt the mattress move but did not care that Aberforth was leaving. She expectantly waited for her dreams to come