I. AM. NOT. CRAZY.

Ariana sat on the sofa, Albus should be back soon. She wanted to ask him about the voices. They were filling up her head and she couldn't focus.

Albus walked in, smiling. He took off his shoes and plopped himself on the sofa smiling at the ceiling.

"Why are you smiling like that?" Aberforth questioned.

"No reason."

Aberforth scoffed and went up to his room. Probably to make up some new destructive spell.

"Why are you so happy?" Ariana asked her eldest brother. She had never seen her brother smile so oddly.

"It's just..." Albus sighed and looked over to his sister.

"It's that boy isn't it?" She asked.

"Gellert?" Ariana nodded.

"I mean he's just so interesting, I could talk to him all day."

"Albus."

"And he's really smart, and kind, and full of surprises" Albus raised his eyebrows at the last part.

"You've only known him for a day, Albus."

"Yeah, I think we are going to be real close friends."

"Albus," Ariana said, "I need to ask you something."

"Yes, what is it?"

"Do you ever...have conversations in your head?"

"Yes Ariana, it's called thinking." Albus stated.

"No," Ariana said frustrated, "like an actual conversation with something else in your head."

Albus looked at her confused. "If I didn't know any better I'd say you were crazy. Your imagination is probably just so vivid that it feels real." He concluded.

I am real said the voice.

"No you're not." Ariana yelled, squeezing her eyes shut.

Albus sat up quickly and stared at Ariana blankly. "Is this a joke?"

"No." Ariana cried falling into her brother's arms, "Please don't tell Abe, I don't want him to worry."

They sat together, Ariana crying into Albus's shoulder and Albus rubbing her back to calm her down.

He thinks I'm crazy Ariana thought.

Only because you are.

I. AM. NOT. CRAZY.

"What is going on?" Aberforth had come downstairs. He saw Ariana crying and was immediately enraged.

"What did you do Albus?"

"Nothing, we were just talking and Mother came up." Ariana sobbed harder and burrowed herself further into Albus's embrace.

Aberforth ran forward to his little sister and rubbed her shoulder to comfort her. "It's all right Ari, we have each other now."

Because you killed her

It was an accident

Good thing I'm here to tell you the truth.

Who. Are. You?

I've already told you, It said, 

You.