What Made This Boy So Special?

"Ah, good day Albus, Ariana"

Bathilda Bagshot, their neighbor had come to check on them. She did about twice a month, just to makes sure they hadn't ripped each others heads off yet.

"Hello Bathilda." Albus greeted her. "What brings you here?"

"I just wanted to introduce you to my nephew Gellert." 

A boy, about a head taller than Albus was standing a little behind her. Ariana noticed that he had one blue eye and one black. He stood poised, and Ariana wondered if he had been taught to do that. She realized that she had been staring and looked down at the ground.

Albus still hadn't answered, he stood, mouth agape, up at the newcomer. Gellert looked back at Albus and smirked a little bit.

"He's come to stay the summer, but he doesn't know anyone here other than me. Since you two are about the same age I thought it'd be fitting to introduce you."

"Um.. Hello," Albus said quickly, "I, uh, hope that you've found, em, Godric's Hollow pleasant."

Albus reached his hand out and the two boys shook.

"It's not so pleasant vhithout someone to show me around." Gellert said looking at Albus curiously.

Ariana noted that her brother was a bit flushed, like he'd been running, and seemed at a lost for words. Ariana had never seen her brother like that before, he was usually calm and collected. She wondered, what made this boy so special?

"Er, I'd like that, I mean, I can show you around if you'd like. Would you like?" Albus said.

"Vhy yes I'd like that very much." Gellert replied calmly.

Ariana looked at the two boys in confusion. Albus was only turning redder and Gellert's smirk was only growing.

"We can go now....if you like."

"Now vould be vonderful."

"I'll, uh, go get some things."

Albus turned to go to his room, probably to grab his shoes.

"Oh, Gellert," Bathilda said, "this is Ariana. I've told you about her."

Ariana wondered what her neighbor had told Gellert, hopefully nothing bad, her mother's death had been an accident.

"Hello Ariana, it's nice to meet you." Gellert smiled down at her.

Ariana gave a small nod.

"Nice to meet you too Gellert." Ariana replied curtly.

"Did you know, the name Ariana means silver?" Gellert said, trying to make small conversation.

"No."

"Silver is very important- it keeps avay vampires."

Ariana was starting to wonder whether Gellert was a vampire himself. His skin was so light she wondered if he'd ever gone outside in the sun.

"Well maybe no vampires come because I am here." Ariana said

Gellert chuckled as Albus came down the stairs.

"What about vampires now?" He asked.

"I vas just telling Ariana about her name- it means silver, and vampires don't like silver."

"Neither do werewolves." Aberforth had come inside from being with his goats. "Who the hell are you?"

"Gellert," Bathilda piped in, "he's staying with me for the summer. Albus and him are about to go out on a walk."

Aberforth scoffed, "You go on your walk Albus, I'll stay here and take care of Ariana."

"Abe, it's okay with me if he goes." Ariana said 

"I said it's fine if he goes, he can go. Go Albus, have fun." 

"Alright boys," Bathilda interjected, "I think you two should get started on that walk"

Albus and Gellert looked cautiously at Aberforth before slowly walking down the steps and to the road.

"Aberforth," Bathilda scolded, "you should be nicer to your brother. He's trying his best. Ariana talk some sense into him, a gentle hand from a loved one can keep him out of trouble"

Bathilda turned and walked out and to her house leaving Aberforth seething and ready to punch something.