She's Watching Us in Heaven

"Albus," Ariana shook her brother awake "can you make some eggs please."

     Her voice was soft, barely a whisper. It sounded like waking up in the middle of the night and seeing moonbeams landing on your skin. It was a delicate thing and Ariana did not want to waste it.

     Albus jerked up and looked around. He rubbed his eyes and slapped his cheeks a little.

      "I'm sorry Ariana, can you repeat that again please." He looked up to his little sister.

      "Eggs." Ariana repeated slightly annoyed she had to say it again.

      "Like Mother used to make them I assume." He said standing up. Ariana nodded and looked down in shame. Albus noticed this and hugged his little sister.

     "It's all right Ariana, she's probably watching us in heaven." Ariana smiled and leaned into the embrace. She was glad Albus had come back to take care of he Aberforth, but she knew he would have gone on some grand adventure if it were possible.

    The two siblings pulled out of the embrace and Albus pet Arianas hair a few times before turning to the stove and pulling out three eggs.

     "I'll call you when they're ready if you want to go out to feed the goats with Abe." Ariana gave a small little nod and smile before walking to the back.

                                                                             XxxxxxxxxxxX

     "Ariana!" Aberforth smiled at his baby sister, "Douglas is eager to see you."

     Ariana giggled and walked over to the goat, she pet him and fed him a carrot. Douglas leaned on her and chewed ferociously at the carrot. Ariana dropped the nub on the ground and the goat walked to eat the rest.

     "Did you know he likes you more than me?" Aberforth asked, "I think it's because you're so sweet."

      "No Abe," Ariana protested, "you're so nice, how could he not love you?" Aberforth shrugged and made a silly face. Ariana smiled, she liked feeding the goats they were some of the only animals either of her brothers would let her get close to.

     "Ariana, Aberforth," Albus yelled at the two from inside, "I made eggs, come and eat."