I Am So Sorry Ariana

"Abe?" Ariana called," I don't think you should be too hard on Albus, he just wants to get out of the house."

"No Ariana, you don't get it. He loves doing interesting things, and we're not interesting."

"Yes we are, we are the most interesting people in this whole town."

"Not to Albus. To Albus we're stupid children who need to be taken care of. We don't really need him, he's just here because if he goes, his reputation will be tarnished. I can take care of us."

"But you're not old enough."

"But I will be, soon. Besides taking care of you stresses him out, he doesn't really know how to keep you from exploding."

Ariana had a look of hurt on her face. Aberforth realizing his mistake apologized 

"I am so sorry Ariana."

"Seems like you don't know either," she said hastily, standing up and going to her room.

She knew all the arguments her brothers had were about her. Should they ship her off to a hospital? Ariana would rather stay in Godric's Hollow with at least one of her brothers, if not both. Should she stay with one of her brothers at all times? She needed her privacy too, she couldn't possibly enjoy being with another human for so long.

The thing, it seemed, her brothers forgot, was that she was not a dying bird to be attended to and mended. She was a girl, and she had her own aspirations. She wanted to live in the woods somewhere -alone-and make friends with all the animals. That way she would never have to worry about hurting anyone like her mother.

She felt like crying. Did they understand that she couldn't control it? Or did they think she killed their mother. She would never do that, she loved her mother, her mother cared for her, her mother accepted her.....right? Yes, of course her mother accepted her, a mother has to accept their children. 

But she hid you from the rest of the wolrd, Ariana thought, she was ashamed of you. 

No she was trying to protect me from bad people, Ariana spat back to herself, 

Are you sure that's what she was trying to do? 

Yes of course, she loved me.

Then how do you know that she wasn't trying to protect other people from you?

...

You are the monster, not them. You are no beautiful lion made from fire, you are the fire burning the lion alive.

But I don't want to hurt anyone.

But I do.

I  won't let you.

Then I'll tear you apart.

Who are you?

You.