Chapter 1

Niall

I've officially completed my first week at Cheshire High. Honestly, it went worst than I thought. Liam is super nice, and her introduced me to all his friends, but they were a bit weirded out by my accent.

I've always loved my irish accent, but after hearing all the british ones, and my voice sticking out like a sore thumb, really made me rethink that.

Liam said, he thought it was cute, and that I shouldn't listen to them but I can't really over look the fact people hate the way I talk.

I've been afraid to come out as gay to them, if they're already disliking me for my accent. At Mullingar High, everybody knew I was gay, and there were even a few other people apart of the LGBTQ+ community, but that doesn't seem to be the case at Cheshire?

"Niall?" I look up from my lap to see Liam standing at the door way.

"Need something Li?" That's apparently a nickname I gave him when we were younger.

"Oh, dinner's ready," and with that he left the room and I sighed standing up off the bed.

Dinner was relatively boring. His parents had gone out so he had microwaved mac and cheese, which was good. He got a text for an invite to a midnight party, at Louis Tomlinson's house. Louis is one of his good friends and so he asked his parents, who told him he had to take me.

To say I'm nervous is an understatement. I only went to one party back in Mullingar, and they had fruit punch, some crackers, and all the lights were on and we mainly danced to Who Let the Dogs Out. We were pretty chill back then, but Liam said their partys weren't boring like that, and there were at least three cases of beer.

"Do you plan to drink Li?"

"Nah, beer tastes funny and I have to get us back home." I guess I should be relieved about that.

The house is big, like bigger that any house I've seen. The front door has two doors, and their is a fountain in front of their house. The white column are like three of me stacked on top of each other tall, and they're all marbled.

"Louis' parents are multi-millionairs." Liam explained, when he saw me gawking at the house.

Of course they are, how else do you get a house like this.

When we walk up to the doors, they swing open before I can ring the door bell, and Louis walks out and gives Liam a hug, before stiffly nodding at me.

The house is even more impressive on the inside. The couch and chairs alone are probably what's going to be my univeristy tuition. The TV is the biggest TV I've ever seen.

How much golf could one watch on that TV???

Liam is pulling me to the drink section, reassuring me that there is non alcoholic drinks as well.

It's been an hour of standing at the drink bar, ordering lemonade after lemonade. Liam left me soon after he saw Zayn Malik, Louis, and a guy named Josh. I'm kinda stuck just standing here, since I can't leave without Liam, and he said, he plans to stay at least a few hours.

I suddenly see Louis walking over to me with a bottle of beer in his hand.

"Hey Horan!" Hey yells and I can tell his tipsy. Not drunk yet but maybe it two or three beers he will be. "We're starting a game truth or dare right now, and you're playing with us!" He yells and grabs my arm, and I'm no match since he's on the footie team and he probably works out a few times a week.

I sit in a circle of about 7 boys and 3 girls, who I don't really know.

"OKAY PEOPLE! WE"RE PLAYING TRUTH OR DARE EXTREME!" Louis yells and the top of his lungs.

"HOW IT WORKS, IS WE ASK A TRUTH OR DARE, AND YOU ANSWER IT OR DRINK A BOTTLE OF BEER!" A bottle?!? That's way to much. I look around to try and find Liam, but he's chatting up some girl across the room.

"Horan, why don't you go first?" Louis says in a normal voice, smirking at me.

I think I'm shaking now. I don't really want to drink, and i'm sure the truths and dares are what's your favorite colour, or go hug the person on your right.

"O-okay,"

"Truth or dare Horan?" Why does he keep using my last name? I know he knows my first name, we share a couple of classes togther, and Liam uses it.

"Truth," I figure they will ask who I like and such, but I don't know anyone so I think that's the safest bet, since I don't really want to kiss a random stranger, and I'm sure that's what they would make me do.

"Are you gay?" Louis asks and smiles at me, since he know's I have to answer either way. Either I say I'm gay, or I drink and it's obvious I'm gay. Mum taught me to never lie, since it ruins relationships, and I don't think lying my first week in England will do me any good.

"Yes" I whisper, I see him put his hand to his ear.

"What was that Horan?

"Yes! Okay I'm gay!" I yell frustrated and nervous.

Suddenly all is can here is laughter, and I know I'm not laughing with them. I look around, and i realize most people at the party heard me, and they told their friends. Liam is looking at me with sympathy in his eyes, as he nods towards the door.

I scramble to get up, but someone shoves me back down, and they all laugh at me. I feel tears clouding my sight, and I feel Liam's strong arms pull me up and walk me out the door.

Once we get to the car I can't stop crying. My breathing is getting irregular, and I know a panic attack is coming, but I can't do anything about it. The car hasn't started moving, and I see Liam's silhouette coming over to hug me.

"L-l-li c-can-t b-bre-ath." My vision starts to black out and  I can hear Liam talking to me but I can't come back to him.

So I'm now in the hospital, with Liam and his parent's in my hospital room. Liam and I told them what happend and they cry and hug the both of us.

"Niall, we just want you to know, that we're okay with you being gay, we really are." Karen, Liam's mum tells me and his father nods along with everything she says, and Liam smiles at me affectionatly.

God, I can't believe how accepting they are. I mean, my mum was accepting when I told her last year, but she's my mum, and that's part of her job.

We go home the next afternoon and the hospital, gives Liam and his parents a quick course in how to handle these types of situations if they're to happen again.

Once I reach my room I collapse onto my bed and fall asleep, dreaming of having my own prince charming, to sweep me off my feet, and to help me when these kind of thing happen.

How did you like chapter 1? Louis is not looking so good in Niall's eyes. Harry is going to come in chapter 3 actually so a bit earlier that I thought, but I think this is going to work out better, than him coming in 3 or 4 chapters.

<3

-Wolfie