Prologue

Niall

Thank you Niall James Horan for entering the student exchange program for Cheshire High. We are happy to inform you that you have been accepted, and have a flight for Manchester Airport on October 20, for Sunday afternoon. On your application letter, you noted you have a place to stay so, a house will not be rented for your stay throughout the year. We at Mullingar High, hope you have a great senior year, in England, and we will miss you.

Sincerely,

Principal Murphy

Oh my god. I've done it! I've gotten into the program, and I'll be spending my senior year (minus that last two months) In England! My mum has been trying to get me to study abroad, for one of my years at high school, and I always knew I wanted it to be my senior year.

I have a cousin that goes to Cheshire High, and that was one of the reasons I chose that high school out of all the others. I considered a french school or an italian school, but I can speak either one, so England seems like a good option, when my mum told me my cousin Liam Payne lives in Cheshire.

"Mum! I got my letter!" I shout from upstairs, where I had holed my self up for half an hour before opening it.

I was worried I wouldn't get in the program, and I would be stuck going to school, here in Mullingar. Now I have nothing wrong with my high school. Actually it's quite nice, but I've gone to this school since the 6th grade and I've wanted a change for a while.

"Well get down here Niall James!" I hear my mum reply and I laugh at her, since I'm sure she's been pacing back and forth, since the mailman came.

I run down stairs and like I guessed shes pacing in a circle around our small living room. She looks up and me and immediatly sits down and motions me to sit down across from her.

"I got in."

The next five minutes is a blur as my mom congratulates me, thanks god, does a few happy dances, and does some soft yelling, and crying of happiness.

She decided to take me to Nandos to celebrate, and we get in the car and start driving. She can't stop talking about how much fun I'm going to have in England, and how before I was born she used to fly out to London on four day weekends with her friends and sister.

She tells me about Liam, who I used to know better when I was around the ages 5-6, but he moved to England and we started to see them less and less, and while mum, and his mum still talk every once in a while, we haven't been able to afford taking as many trips.

I haven't actually even left Ireland since four or five years ago, when my father and I went on a trip to Venice, without my mother knowing since she was on a buisness trip, with her old company. Dad and mum had been fighting and they both knew that they were going to seperate, and dad was trying to get me to like him more so I would move to America with him and his girlfriend Cherry.

I obviously ended up staying with mom since I couldn't leave her and I found out my dad had been cheating on mum ever since I was born. We still talk every now and then. Cherry and dad aren't dating anymore, but they still see each other on the side. They aren't even friends with benifits at this point. It's just sex.

After Nandos we went home and had a Harry Potter marathon, but mum fell asleep after Prisoner of Azkaban, and I after Order of the Phoenix.

While I'm going to be sad to not see mum for a while, we will face time at least once a week, and I'm coming back for holidays, since that's what the school pays for.

October 20, 2013

"Do you have all your things? Do you need another toothbrush? Oh wait let me get another picture of you before we leave! Wait here are your headphones!" Mum panics as we're about to leave. I know she just wants to make sure I have everything, and that I'm all set, since she won't see me for a while.

"Mum I'm fine. Though I would like to find those headphones." I tell her and she rushes up stairs into my room, and I hear some shuffling, before running back down holding my black headphones. I take them from her and put them around my neck. I lean down to hug her, when I hear a sniffle. I notice she's crying and I can't help let a few of my own tears fall.

She hushes me and starts grabbing some of my bags and shoving me out the door, before she can start bawling.

I put all my bags into the car, and sit in the passenger seat. The drive is quite, us both not wanting to ruin the moment.

Since I'm technically a minor, mum has to go through airport security with me, and has to wait with me until I board; not that I mind. It's nice knowing I have such a supportive mum.

Saying goodbye is a lot harder in the actual airport than I thought at home an in the car. Mum is crying pretty hard, and I'm standing in her embrace, holding her and rubbing her back, telling her I'll see her soon, and call her a soon as I'm settled in Liam's house.

Too soon, my plane is boarding and I give mum one last big hug before taking my carry on bag and standing in line to board. She smiles at me and wipes her tears away. I wave to her and give her my best smile.

"Thank you for flying with from Dublin Airport, to Heathrow Airport, we hope to see you again soon." One of the stewardess's says through the microphone, and everyone starts to get up, and they keep pushing each other to get their bags.

Earlier in the flight a stewardess came up to me and told me to stay seated until everyone had gotten off, so that they could bring me to the people picking me up from the airport.

I sigh as I finally see the last handicapped person leave the plane, since I had been sitting in my seat for a good fifteen minutes now, and had time to listen to a couple of songs by Fleetwood Mac.

As I reajust my bag, I look around for a sign with my name on it, but in the crowd it's almost impossible, when I see my name on a sign, thats been taped to a wooden stick and it much higher than everyone elses. I laugh at the sign, and I flush in embarrassment as I walk towards the sign.

"You must be Niall, I'm Liam, and we're cousins!"

So what did you think of the Prolouge? I knew this would be shorter than the average chapter since, I didn't want to drag out the scenes to long, since that would be boring. The first few chapters, will not have Harry in them (He may or may not be mentioned however). I suspect he will come in around Chapter 4 or 5.

I would love it if you voted and commented on the story through out!

<3

-Wolfie