Sharing A Floor With A Vampire, Werewolf and Demon / Part 36

Nathan's P.O.V

I was beginning to go stir crazy not knowing where Dyllon was... every time I felt close, she felt further away. I would never forgive myself if she was hurt, or suffered any trauma. I wouldn't put it past their shit family not to hurt her in their selfish plans. Fuck. I needed to meet with Cassidy - I needed a concrete plan now. I was starting to think I would never have her back.

"I'm sorry about yesterday. I didn't mean to pry into your business." Trinity said, leaning against my doorframe, snapping me out of my thoughts. She was careful not to cross the boundary by even stepping an inch into my room. The invisible line between us kept me from tearing her to pieces.

I didn't fail to notice her tight outfit that outlined her lean figure and before I let those thoughts go any further, I re-focused on my phone.

She continued, "Do you want to go for a run?"

"Does it look like I want to go for a run?" I growled. "I'm pre-occupied and training isn't until tomorrow."

"Sitting in here, continuing to brood isn't going to help you find that girl. You should be training, and let that be a distraction for you rather than whatever it is you do in here."

"I don't need a distraction," I growled.

"Sure you do," she said and came over and tugged on my hand.

"Why do you care so much about her?" I asked.

"I just think that the future leader of our pack shouldn't waste his time with someone who left him behind. You have a lot more potential beyond a human, why don't you see that?"

"She didn't leave me behind," I snarled. "I don't know what version of Matt's story you heard, but it's likely incorrect. I told you to shut your mouth when it came to her."

"You could at least use some fun," she shrugged. "If you continue to train half-heartedly and sit in here, I don't think you'll get too far."

She had a valid point though – maybe I needed fun. Since being here, all I had done was bounce between leadership training and Dyllon...I couldn't remember the last time I had fun. It had felt foreign and like something I didn't deserve until things were settled.

"What does your vision of fun entail?" I asked Trinity.

"Leaving this house," she shrugged. "Do you ever get out? Or do you live in this bedroom?"

"You've been here for a week, you know nothing about me." I returned to my original stance. She was testing my patience with her pushy assumptions.

"It's enough for me to notice that you live in your room," she said, playing with her hair. "Oh come on Nathan, no one is that busy."

"Did my brothers put you up to this?" I asked.

"No," she laughed. "I am genuinely curious."

"Well no," I said. "Like I said, just busy."

"Why don't we do dinner?" She asked. "Help ease your mind. Get some food in you. It's important to be fueled up for training."

"What are you a nutritionist too?"

"I know a thing or two," she smirked. "But also, it's a good way for us to get to know one another. It's going to get a bit lonely if I only have Matt to talk to here and I can learn which topics are a big no no for me to touch upon."

"Fine," I agreed. "Only because you are cooped up in this house too."

"Meet back here at 7 for dinner?" She asked. "Wear something nice – I want to go somewhere nice."