Sharing A Floor with a Vampire, Werewolf and Demon/ Chpt.7

I vigorously rinsed my mouth out with water, but I couldn't seem to get rid of the disgusting taste. I took another look at the bottle, what the hell was this crap?

It couldn't actually be blood...could it? Maybe I had a bad bottle, or there was just something off with this batch. Gabe was Gabe, and vampires drank blood, and vampires were not real, and I was just on edge from everything that happened yesterday and today. I was being silly. Was Gabe a vampire? Of course not. Wouldn't I be dead by now, if he was? I keep re-assuring myself. I was going hysterical. The only reason I had these ludicrous thoughts in my mind was because of that stupid myths and legends show that was on T.V that other day too. I swear, things were just being planted into your head to make you paranoid. 

A blood-thirsty vampire that craved for human blood. No!  Vampires were just another myth. It doesn't make sense anyways, Gabe goes out in the sun, and he can be seen in mirrors, I think. He sleeps in a bed, not a coffin and I've seen him eat food. Wait have I seen him do any of those things? Yes, I was just being an idiot. Getting paranoid for no reason. It's like I was looking for an excuse to be annoyed with Gabe or run away from him. I could just ask him about the weird drink but then it may get awkward, but what was it? I would ask him, not now though. We were alone, and I didn't know what the result of my curiosity would be. I would ask him when I had more people around, like Damien.

I strode back into the main room where he was sitting on the sofa watching T.V.

"Coming back empty-handed?"

"Change of heart," I nervously said. "I should probably go, leave you to it. I feel so bad just bothering you all the time."

"Don't go," he laughed. "You just got here, stay for a bit. We're friends."

Friends. Friend's don't bite friends. I nodded, I didn't want to do anything out of the ordinary. I had to stop acting weird. 

I noticed his eyes looking at my neck, was I just paranoid? I quickly adjusted my ponytail to cover the exposed side he could see. 

"What are you up to today?" I asked. "It's hot out, you going to take advantage of the sun?"

Okay Dyllon, stop being an obvious prick. 

"Nothing really, would you like to go out or anything?" Gabe asked. "I could take us somewhere if you wanted. Please don't feel like you're bothering me, or being a burden. We could honestly go anywhere. I don't know how far you have gone, but we could go somewhere remote, quiet, edge of the town - it's really nice once you can't hear the noise of it all."

Then the phone rang, and Gabe got up to answer it.

"Hello?" Gabe said.

This conversation must have been a serious one, because he took the call to his room and I couldn't hear anything.

I was trying to eavesdrop, but a knock on Gabe's door ensured I didn't get too far on that front.

I opened the door, and found Matthew standing at the door.

"Hi," I said.

"Here's a new key," Matthew sternly said. 

"Thank you so much. How much do I owe you?" 

"It's okay; you don't have to pay for a key," Matthew said. "Just don't lose it again, and stay out of my way. Last time I give you a freebie."

"Oh, okay." I paused. "Thanks for earlier. Seriously."

"Whatever," Matthew shrugged, and walked away. 

Well that was signal to leave if there ever was one. I collapsed onto my sofa and stretched out. I would safe guard this key with my life. I did not need to be in another situation where I had to stay with someone else. I kept jumping around between these guys rooms, and it just didn't feel right.