Chapter 1: Lone Wolf

I stand in an open field, hordes of Covenant charging the last human on Reach. I raise my assault  rifle. I unload into the horde at random, killing some grunts and jackals, breaking elites' shields. I reload and charge back. I bash a zealot's skull in with a swift strike and duck another's energy sword. I put a bullet in its head with my magnum. It falls dead, so I throw him into another. I hold my AR in my right, magnum in my left, spinning and gunning down everything in my way. A needle gets stuck in my visor, breaking the skin on my forehead. Blood flows in my eye, but I ignore it. I holster the magnum and finish off my last clip in my AR. I put it on my back as I pick up and energy sword, blocking an elite's strike. I thrust it into its chest, then kicking it off. I'm stabbed in the back, so I turn around and stab the elite responsible. I stab another as I take my helmet off, breaking the needle. I'm tackled to the ground by multiple elites and stabbed repeatedly. Guess I'll see Noble in whatever afterlife awaits.

"We have a... different plan." A deep voice said from behind me. I turn around and pull my magnum. Wait, how am I standing, uninjured, and with my helmet? I still have the three weapons I was holding. There's two figures, one light and one dark. The dark one approaches me. 

"I wouldn't do that." He snaps his fingers and the magnum's barrel does a total flip, now pointing at me. I lower the gun and let it rest in my right hand. "Better." He fixes the barrel. I put it back on my leg, then putting the energy sword on my left. 

"Who... are you?" 

"Gods." Light said. 

"Funny. They aren't real." 

"Then what are we?" Dark asked. 

"What do you want?" 

"We want you on Remnant. A threat has risen there, something much worse than this... Covenant." I remain silent as Light explains. "Our current... forces aren't enough. We figured a Hyper Lethal Spartan could surely help. So, do you accept our offer?" 

"What if I don't." 

"You'll die." Dark said. 

"Fine... I'll do this." 

"Good... good. Now then, welcome to a new life." Light fills the area and I suddenly find myself somewhere completely new. It's a city, and I'm outside a shop called 'From Dust till Dawn.' I walk in to inspect the area. 

"Welcome to- holy shit!" The old man behind the counter staggers back when he sees me. "P-pardon me... just wasn't expecting someone so... massive!" The old man chuckled a bit as he said this, his fear passing. I walk past him and around the store to see one other person. A girl in a red hood, reading a magazine. I notice vials lining the walls filled with different colors. All of them are labeled by color. Fire, wind, rock, and so on. 

"What is this?" I ask, voice filtered through my helmet. 

"Dust... just who are you?" The old man asked. I don't respond. I continue to look on the walls, seeing weapons that are supposedly able to transform. Strange. My thoughts are cut short by multiple men coming through the door. A robbery. I move to the front and see the one who must be leading the job. He's wearing a bowler hat and white suit. 

"All of... my my, who are you?" The leader approaches me and starts inspecting my armor. I pick him up by the coat with a single arm. 

"Call off-" I'm cut short by one of his men flying through the window. I see the girl from before was the one who did it, scythe in hand. I punch the leader through the window. One of his goons shoots me, but it's taken by the armor shields. He looks at his gun like it didn't work. I pull my magnum and shoot him in the head. He falls dead. The others start shooting, so I pull the energy sword. I walk up to one and stab him through the gut, lifting him up in the process. I toss his corpse aside, and the remaining flee. I see the leader getting up.