Chapter 31

Soleil

"Soleil?.... Common Soleil on your feet." Nick helps me up to my feet. I hold the back of my head and look up at him. He looks horrible, he's beaten up and bloody. I look around and don't see Isabelle. I quickly stumble out to the drive way. I stop at a little blood splatter. Just looking at it I know it has to be Izzy. My heart sinks. I've failed, she's gone into the dark realm.

"Soleil." I turn back to Nick. He leans up against the door frame, "Please go save her." I sigh and rub the back of my head.

"I can't do it alone... I'm going to have to hurry. Nick stay here and clean yourself up! The dark gates are closing today." Without another word I fly up into the sky as fast as my wings will take me. I'm going to have to get Eve. She's the only one that can close the gates. She's the only one that can save Izzy now. I'm such a screw up! I had her in the palm of my hand, and I let her slip right through my fingers! Iz was so close to being safe, and we got caught up for a slip second.

This is all my fault. I wish I just taken her to her mother earlier this would have never happened! I've made too many mistakes, so many deadly flaws. Iz was the only one that gave me hope again. She gave me a reason to live. Raven has only given me misery, and every second I was with her I wanted to die. I can't let Isabelle die, I couldn't live with myself.

"Stop!" I hear a light angel yell, "Stop dark angel!" He swoops down and tries to catch me. Out of instinct I spin around and kick him in his stomach. He grunts then I kick him in the face. When I'm done with him I keep flying to the light gates. I see them come into view. Already waiting for me are guards with their weapons aimed at me. I quickly put my hands up and stop flying.

"Don't shoot I need help! Get Eve! Get my mom!" Angelina and Dove push the guards out the way. They fly up to me no matter what the guards yell at them.

"Soleil!" Angelina put my arm around her shoulder, Dove got the other side.

"What happened? Where is Isabelle?!" I look up at Dove and shake my head.

"We were attacked back at the mansion. They took her, she's probably seeing Raven right now." Just then Eve comes up with my mom. Maya sees that my head his bleeding and quickly comes over to me.

"Soleil!" She gets on her knees and hugs me, "My poor girl. They told me what has happened." I hug her back.

"There's no time for that now." Mom helps me to my feet.

"Eve, I'm sorry I couldn't protect her. There were too many. She's in the dark realm. Take as many as you need down there. I allow all light angels through the dark gates!" The crowd around us gasps. I look up into her eyes.

"Please." Eve looks around at her angels then grabs a gun.

"Well, what in the hell are you standing around for?! THROUGH THE DARK GATES!" The angels around her yell as she swoops down. A large group of angels follow behind. Mom starts to spread her wings but I grab her hand.

"No mom. You stay here and wait for me to come back." Mom gives me a worried look then hugs me tightly.

"Come back safely... I won't be able to handle loosing you a third time."

"I know mom. You should know me by now. I'll make it out." I kiss her cheek then jump off the edge. I catch up with the rest of the light angels. I hope we aren't too late.

Isabelle

The haze in my eyes is starting to go away. All I can remember is that girl whacking me in the head with that bat. Everything after that I have no clue. Felling is starting to come back to me. I'm being dragged somewhere. I finally open my eyes and from the right side I can see blood. I look up and see that girl.

"Well, look who's finally awake." She snickers and looks around her. Two dark angels are holding my arms. I start to panic and thrash around. Surprisingly I toss both of them off. I get to my feet and start to stumble away from them. Before I could turn the corner I feel something hit me in the middle of my back. My whole body tenses up and I fall to the ground, unable to move any part of my body.

"Now this time all of you hold her. She's not getting away." The others except the one with the bat grab me and start taking me somewhere. We get to two very large black double doors. Kia pushes them open. Inside is a throne room. The room is majority black with red curtains over every stain glass window. Sitting on one of the thrones is a woman dressed in all black. Her green eyes gleam pure evil. I only had one guess who this is. It's my aunt, the queen of dark angels, Raven. The angels throw me to the ground.

Feeling starts to come back and I sit myself up. Raven begins to chuckle then her face becomes hard again. She gets up from her black throne and descends the stairs. She might be evil, but she is pretty graceful. She walks right pass me over to the angels.

"Who hit Soleil?" The guy with the bat starts to shake as he walks forward. She pulls out a bloody cloth and holds it in front of his face.

"Can you explain to me why this blood came from the back of my head? Did you take that bat and hit Soleil so hard with it that not only did it make her bleed, but it made me bleed?"

"Y-Yes your majesty." She throws the cloth to the side then extends her hand. He hands over the bat, immediately she hits him in the head with it. Blood splatters everywhere, the angel falls in front of me lifeless. My eyes widen at the horror before me.

"Let that be a message. You hurt Soleil, you die... Get him out of here, I want to talk to our guest." The angel is quickly picked up and taken out. The doors are closed and locked behind them. It's just the two of us now. She starts to walk towards me, I quickly stand up. Raven laughs.

"Nervous little one? You should be." She walks past me then turns around.

"So you're the famous Isabelle. It's nice to meet you. I've been waiting for you for years."

"I was never hiding. Maybe you've been in the dark for too long cause I was always in the light." Raven laughs and takes a few steps towards me.

"Just like you're mommy I see. You've got a smart ass mouth." She puts her hands in front of her.

"How in the hell did you do it?" She sighs, "Soleil was so evil... her soul was almost as black as mine. You did something. You changed her."

"I did what you never could do. I loved her." Her eyes gleamed hate at me.

"My dear child, you have no clue what love is. Why do you think I "stole" her from your mother? I wanted her, I could do more for her than your mother could." In a blink she was in my face. I jump back but she grabs me by my throat.

"Did you know that you've been messing around with my wife? Contaminating her with your light angel influence was enough, but you took it too far... You defiled her."

"You're... the one... to talk about... defiling someone." She glares at me then throws me to the ground. I cough and gasp for air as she starts towards me again.

"I hope you liked your time in the light, you won't see it ever again you little bastard." She pulls a knife out and starts to walk towards me.

"Your majesty?!" An angel burst through the door, "Light angels have flooded into the gates! They're in the realm! Queen Eve is leading them!" Raven hisses then looks at me.

"Looks like your mom is here. It's about time for a family reunion."