Chapter 27

Isabelle

"Police have now decided this to be a double homicide. The body of Diana Worths was found in the alley of Orton tower. Her throat was cut and had approximately 32 stab wounds. Then up in the building itself the body of Jacob Orton was found behind his desk in his office. Orton was shot in both legs then stabbed at least 64 times. No further information has been released." I can't listen to it anymore. Mr. Orton was brutaly murdered, a woman was killed, and Soleil has gone missing again. She said she had "business", said said she had "loose ends" to take care of. I really hope she didn't do this. She is making such progress. What would make her kill these people? The cold calming shiver runs down my back. Soleil is there, and I can smell the guilt.

"You killed them didn't you?" Soleil sighs and sits down next to me.

"Isabelle..."

"Did you kill Mr. Orton and that woman?!" I turn to face her. This is actually the first time I've seen her in a color that wasn't black. Her face is full of guilt and shame, her grey eyes are dull, her black hair in a mess on her head.

"I did." Was all she said. The weight of her crime bore on her. She started to cry and her head fell into my lap.

"Why did you do it?" She looks up at me and dries her tears.

"That man was my father, and he did this to me. He sacrificed me to Raven for money and power... Raven didn't use a drop of influence on him. He willingly did this to me... That woman was his slut. He gave her everything in his will. I made him change it to his new family... before I killed him. Its justified Iz it is."

"No matter what great cause you think of, it still isn't right to kill!" She stares at me for a while then holds my hand.

"You won't tell right?" I shake my head.

"No, but you have to swear that you will never kill again!" She nods.

"The only time I will is when you, me, or our mothers are in danger." I nod. Soleil kisses my thigh and slowly closes her eyes. As she sleeps I wonder, how could she be so violent? She mangled those two, one of them was her father.

I know she's changing, I know she can be good, but it is scary that in one moment she can change into something dark... a monster. I know there will always be a darkness to her, but I don't care. Her aura is getting lighter each time she is with me. It won't be pure white, but it will be good enough. She's protected me from a lot of harm. I think it is time I start protecting her and helping her heal. It would be the best thing to do for her, it is the least I can do for someone I love.

****

Its been a few hours since Soleil has been here. She's slept the entire time. She's a hard sleeper too. With so much difficulty I changed her into a tank top and sweatpants. And with the strength I don't have I managed to move her to the middle of the bed. Angelina and Dove came over. They saw Soleil and asked what happened. I didn't tell them what she did, I just said that she was spying on some dark angel's all night. They accepted it and flew back to the light realm, they said they had to get there and back before the moon came back. Daddy left to pay his respects to Mr. Orton's family. I don't think mom will be coming, so its just me and Soleil.

Another blast of pain courses through my back. My wings are killing me. Mom told me that the pain would get more intense as my birthday comes. They are big and strong now she says, they're trying to come out. She told me I won't be human anymore. I'll just be an angel, and one of the strongest ones. She said that I might be as strong as Soleil, and that's saying something since Soleil isn't alive. That stumped me. I've felt Soleil's heart beating many times. She's warm at all times, and she just looks alive. I should ask her when she wakes up.