The Truth About...Me?

Walking down the dark road is something that a person gets used to. But something wrong was in the air tonight. It was as if someone was taking all the breath out of the sky. Did I introduce my self? I guess not my name is Maya and im 18 I like taking walks at night and I somehow hate the morning why you ask? I don't know but I feel like am free at night and that I could do anything I want. Dad jokes about it by saying that its because of our great ancestors who were night-lovers. Hahaha yeah I know funny but I kinda like that. The feel of the air knowing that anything could be hiding in the dark. I take the turn to my house and there right there I see someone eyeing my house with great interest that looked really wrong. I could see my parents from here sitting on the loveseat holding hands and a smile came to my lips. I could hear them now saying that they are truly in love. They look happy together and that's something that I sorta envy. I never could find love like theirs even if I search the earth. My mother had me when she was 19 but my true father ran away when he found out and mum wanted to raise me on her own but then she met james who was all that she dreamed about and more. A lot of my friends tell me that I should call him by his first name and not dad but I hold a huge sort of respect for him so I find that kinda hard. Anyway as I was saying that man kept on looking with a smirk on his face. I knew instantly that there was something wrong. I call this feeling my sixth sense because I was never wrong when it comes to it. As soon as my mother looked out the window she gasped as if she has seen a ghost and dad instantly shut the curtain a second before my cell phone started ringing. I looked at the number and it was mum she must be really scared because she never calls when im in my night walks. Just then the man turned around to face me and what I saw was something that blow my mind away. There was no face at all and hardly any eyes but the look that was on what appeared to be the remains of his face was screaming to me. Revenge. I couldn't move not even breath as I stayed looking at him. Slowly he turned around to face my house again and there a bright light of red shone from the house a second before it exploded. I was blown away by the ferocity of the explosion. After that I don't remember that much and that's the beginning of my story...

Chapter 1

I always used to make fun of my mum saying that we are a special family. Every mum wishes that sorta things but when she says it she looks at me in a way as if she is waiting for something to happen. I kept on remembering all the times that I spent with my parents. The night the police showed up at our door to tell us that my older brother Liam was murdered. The way mum wanted to kill herself after the funeral and finally the very last thought I had as they were taking me to the hospital. The house laid down into ashes and 2 black bags were being carried out of the remains. I couldn't see anymore so I wanted to sleep no not sleep to lay here never to dream never to think never to remember. I wanted to be with my family. Its true that what is said that when you loss someone you want to be with them but to me it didn't feel that way. I just wanted to know something. It's like there is something in me that wants to come out. I had to wake up then even though it felt like im betraying my family but I know that I have to wake up. 

There was a lot to think through like who that guy was and why my mum had that look on her face the moment she saw him? Or why my dad quickly closed the curtains? And why was his face missing? To this I woke up and there was my best friend anna crying in a corner. And right next to her was a doctor. I couldn't hear what he was telling her so I tried a little harder. 

" im sorry anna but we are trying all that we could. She just doesn't want to wake up. Its like she is stuck in a world where she cant feel, hear, or even think about anything" 

What does he mean? I can't wake up im here im looking at them both I could hear them now. 

Then it hit me like an electric shock. I look around me and sure enough there was I on the bed with all those tubes running all over my body. I look as if im dead. My skin is pale and I cant breath on my own. There must be something that I can do to go back in my body. 

" its hard to do that. Trust me I have been trying for the passed 35 years with no success at all" 

I looked around there he was the guy I saw the night my parents died. But he was different. His face was there all of it.  

" who are you? And why did you kill my parents?"

"I didn't kill your parents child I tried to save them but Samantha wouldn't listen to me. I told her that you had to go away. Far away from here before they find you but she wouldn't listen and why should she listen she told me I have her save and sound all the time and she will never be what u think she is" 

"And what am I? Some sort of a freak?" 

" you are anything but a freak child. You are the balance between this world and the other. In order to for one world to exist in the presence of the other."

“ and hows that even possible? Im nothing that matters to the world or any other”

 " you may think that but your mother should have informed you about your real father and why you love the night and dark so much. well since she didn't tell you then i will you father is Lucifer lord of the underworld or as you kids these days call it hell."

"WHAT?? you think this is funny? why the hell would you say something like that?"

" because its the truth. why do you think your mum was so afraid of  you coming of age? its because your father told her that when this day comes you will join him in the hell thus being able to rule the worl and face God and his amy of angels."

" and whats your part in all of this?"

"im the one who was send to keep an eye on you. yes i know i told you that I've been trying to go back to my body for 35 years but before that i was tracking you father and trying to keep him away from the girl that he choices but he saw me and killed me instantly. being a saint helped me in a way for i was able to be between heaven and earth thus being able to fully cover the girls that he was picking. only then i didn't think that  he already had the one that he needed."

" so what im a demon? thats what your telling me?"

" no you are human. even more human than you think. you are not your father and i could see in your eyes that evil has no place in your heart. tell me if i tell you that there is a way to beat the hell out of your father and save your mother will you do it?"

" i would do anything to get my parents back"