5

"Ouch." The voice made me jump from my sleep. Then the sound of books falling. "Shit," the same voice said. Reaching for my side lamp, I turned it on only to see shimmering green eyes looking straight at me.

My body was frozen and I couldn't even get a word out. Harry came over to the bed and sat directly beside me. "Wha-" I tried to get out, but his finger brushed against my lips signalling me to not say anything.

His hand touched my cheeks as his thumb rubbed circles across it. It felt so soothing that my eyes started to close. "When I saw you that first night... I knew I had to have you," the words softly coming out of his mouth. The heat between us closing and closing. Harry was so close to my face that our noses were touching.

His lips would skim my lips but there was so much intensity in the air. His eyes dark green with lust. Soon enough Harry pushed himself against me, our lips now touching. But it wasn't as soft as before, it was rough. I had to open my mouth to breathe and he toke that chance to sneak in his tongue. My hands reached his hair, and his hands were on either side of my body. We soon both disconnected our lips.

I breathed heavily, still not processing what had just happened. Harry licked his bottom lip, there was blood. Oh no, did I hurt him? But he only smiled at my nervous expression. "I will see you in the morning, baby." He then pressed his swollen lips on mine once again before leaving the room.

_______________________

When I woke up the next morning, I didn't really want to get up. I would rather have just laid there and slept some more. But I knew I had to face this day. After last night, things became.. awkward. That person, that man I made out with was my best friend's husband-to-be. Nothing sounded right in that sentence.

After a long half an hour of debating, I finally pushed myself off the bed and made my way slowly down the grand marble stairs to the smell of cinnamon and vanilla.

"Mornin' River, I thought you would never get up!" Vanessa said before opening her arms up high and giving me a big hug. She soon released me from the uncomfortable hug and went on about how she burnt the pancakes, and Debby (the maid) was out at bingo with her friends so we had no breakfast.

I kept my hands clutched and my eyes occasionally steering around the place for Harry- I was nervous to see Harry! I zoned back in but Vanessa was now talking about her hair appointment at five. I kissed Harry last night.. wow. It seemed like everything was now hitting me as I stared back at my friend who thinks that i'm listening to her rant. How could I be so stupid. If she ever found out I wouldn't only mess up our friendship but I would also mess up their future together.

"Good morning Ladies."

My heart stopped. Well atleast it felt like that. The deep voice sending my heart to start rapidly beating. He was here.

"Baby muffin!" Vanessa said as she ran towards him open arms and they indulged in a sweet kiss. Since I had also kissed Harry it felt weird, and this shouldn't be weird because they're together. I turned around when I finally grew enough confidence, Harry also had some nervousness in his eyes. We both exchanged a small smile and I began to instantly feel better.

Harry set down the bags he had on the table in front of us. Opening them as Vanessa let out a squeal. He had brought us some breakfast which was genuinely really nice since Vanessa burnt the pancakes and Debby went to bingo.

As we sat there and ate, Vanessa recited her entire rant that she said to me but this time to Harry. I turned to see his features, his jaw was clenched and he looked very annoyed which I understood because Vanessa could be very annoying. But soon as he turned to look at me, I was already staring at him, so he just kinda smirked which literally made me melt inside.

Just the way his lips curved up, they were so pink yet so plump and for some reason I wanted to kiss him again. But I stopped my self from catching those feelings because it wasn't right.

"I was thinking we could all go see a movie or something," Harry spoke, eyes lingering on me. "Sorry baby muffin, I have a hair appointment today," Vanessa went on, and even I rolled my eyes at this.

Harry then turned to me and as if he only wanted me to hear, "I guess it's a date then." Vanessa was humming to some Britney Spears song, as Harry's hand brushed against my arm, he then walked down the hall and I assumed he was probably going to his office.

A date. With Harry Styles.