9

Sunday came sooner than later, I just wanted to stay in bed and miss the 'pre-wedding festivities'. At least tomorrow I would be returning home and going back to the daily grind of work. I slowly got out of bed, putting my hair into a messy bun on the top of my head. As I walked out, across the hallway Vanessa came out in a lace and satin dress. Her hair was messy and so was Harry's who followed behind her. He was only in black Calvin Klein boxers. That bulge.

I tried to turn back to go into my room in till I heard the dreadful voice of Vanessa, "River! Good morningggg. Were going to Sunset Boulevard for breakfast. Be ready at 9." With that I turned around giving a faint smile before going back in my room.

I ended up wearing a black romper and kept my hair in its messy bun, but just fixed a few strands. The vanity in front of me held makeup and I decided to put on some mascara, remembering how Harry reacted on the first night I had met him. Wait- why was I trying to get a reaction out of Harry? I needed to stop. Obviously what happened yesterday meant nothing to him. Tomorrow I would be going back to what I knew, not this lavish life.

I arrived downstairs heading to the car. It was the same one Harry and I went in yesterday. Harry held the door open eyes staring into mine. But I didn't feel the same when he held the door open for me yesterday, so I stared at the ground till I stepped into the car. It was silent, Vanessa constantly checking over that the hair stylist was there, and the wedding planner was on her way and blah blah. I continuously rolled my eyes before diverting my gaze to the mirror; Harry's smirk, he was looking out the window now. Pieces of his hair blowing in the wind so majestically.

We arrived at Sunset Boulevard for breakfast. It was beautiful; brightly coloured flowers and vines hanging on the walls of the buildings. There was a patio next to a quiet Lake, Vanessa had linked her arm to mine as we walked to the patio. There was a man already seated, he had dark hair almost black but his eyes they were blue but a light blue. And they looked even more beautiful against his dark features.

"River this is Zach, Zach this is River," before I knew it Vanessa had pushed me towards Zach making me fall into him. I felt his hand trying to help me up, "you alright?" he said with a smile. I nodded and toke the seat beside him. Harry soon walked in, his features very tense; jaw clenched, eyes fixed on me and lips as straight as a pencil. I gulped, not ready for what was bound to happen.

"You never said he was joining us for Breakfast," Harry said through gritted teeth. He should really practice whispering. But Vanessa shook it off by doing her annoying giggle before she sat down across from me. Harry then grabbed his chair with a tight grip, the rustiness sending a loud screech against the quietness.

We were served food, Vanessa kept pushing Zach to talk to me by lying, "Oh yeah, River loves The Arctic Monkeys!" Vanessa exclaimed. Wait are the arctic monkeys animals? But instead I nodded my head. I could hear Harry's foot tapping and I almost felt inferior. It was in that moment that I noticed Harry was jealous and I was ready to get revenge.

"Yeah uh- I went to Crawford and studied law-" Zach went on as the wind blew his hair. I decided to grab a strand of his hair and push it back. "There you go," I said as seductively as I could. Harry's tapping was becoming more prominent, that Zach stopped talking.

"Is it true that Crawford had to pledge for money to fund the school? Actually I think my school, Mackenzie Alexander had to donate," Harry's deep voice sending a shiver through me. A smirk played on his lips. He knew we were playing a game... I could tell he liked it.

"Haha- maybe, but I also helped out at the Children's Hospital to donate as well," Zach said turning to me. I placed my hand on his arm before saying, "That is so sweet!" We smiled at each other and I swear I say a glint in his left eye; he was very handsome.

"RIV-River um yeah.. come with me, I need to talk to you for one second?" I heard Harry say. I was quite startled from his demanding request but my body said otherwise as I got up from the seat. Vanessa was confused but Zach was completely oblivious and just stayed smiling.

I followed Harry to the other side of the building, there was a dock to the Lake and Harry walked me to down to it. "So you like that guy? Zick the dick or whatever the hell is name is," Harry said, sending a small laugh from my lips. "I don't know yet, I mean I just met him," I said, voice so faint you could hardly hear it.

Harry stopped and turned to me. "Last night was an accident. I couldn't stop thinking about you and everything we did yesterday," he said while pushing a hair from my face. His lips came in contact with mine and I didn't stop him, although I should've. It made me feel so alive, this hidden romance we had for each other. His lips so soft against mine, moving at the same pace as mine and leaving a sweet taste afterwards.

"Let's make a promise," Harry said.

My heart was beating rapidly, unsure of what he was going to say.

"I won't do anything with Vanessa, if you promise the same with Zach."

"And what happens if I break that promise?"

"Punishment."