2

The whole day I stressed on the fact that I was going to a dinner on the other side of the wall. There also wasn't a lot of a fancy stores around so I had no idea what I was going to wear. Luckily Vanessa came over with a few options.

"I got this one at a boutique, this one at a fashion show and this one-" as Vanessa went on, I started to realize how she was now going to live a lavish life while I was going to probably end up working at the cleaners.

"River.. River?" Vanessa's voice broke me out of my thoughts.

"Uh- yeah the red one is nice," I said while biting my lip. Never have I ever worn a dress or gone to a dinner. This was so out of my element.

Once Vanessa helped me slip into the dress that was held tightly on my skin, she also added something called, "mascara" to my eyes soon after adding a glossy substance to my lips.

"You look hot, River," Vanessa said making me blush. I never heard of this "makeup thing" but it really did enhance my features.

I let my long brunette hair fall out of the ponytail as I slipped on some black heels also from Vanessa. As we walked out of the door a long black car pulled up which looked very expensive.

"Wait, we're going in this? This is-"I said completely stunned. Vanessa just nodded as we entered the car. I saw a few glances from some people walking, they were probably confused since the only cars you see around here are rusty trucks.

The drive wasn't that long. We had to wait at the gate where the walls divided, they needed a lot of information. It seemed as if they really wanted to keep "my people" out.

______________________

We exited the car, as men dressed in suits lined the way into the stunning mansion. I couldn't help as my jaw dropped from seeing such a creation. Gold and cream linings, chandeliers and fancy glasses. But none of this seemed to dawn on Vanessa, then again this is probably where she goes everyday.

"This is my friend River," Vanessa repeated to almost a million people as I kept repeating the same handshake. Before we sat down I heard Vanessa squeal, I turned around to see a tall man. They hugged, I examined his features; emerald green eyes, brown curly hair and pink plump lips.. oh his lips.

"Who's this?" the deep raspy voice spoke.