3

"River- River Frey," I said as I found myself stumbling over my words.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Harry," he chuckled as he noticed my stuttering. Vanessa and Harry sat across from me, I sat beside a woman named April who I grew very fond of. The stories she told me were absolutely hilarious, but I started to realize that she thought I was from 'this side'.

I felt eyes on me, I turned to see Harry's eyes locked on mine as he whispered something in Vanessa's ear making her laugh. A warm feeling cascaded inside my stomach. He was very handsome, but he was also getting married to my best friend.

I couldn't look away, because he wasn't looking away. This time he starts kissing Vanessa's neck playfully, as she used her hand to push him away, both of them laughing as dimples arose on his face. I uncomfortably unlocked my eyes from him, and continued to talk to April.

The dinner was soon over, I saw Harry leave with Vanessa so I decided to look around. This was an amazing place, I probably wouldn't get a chance to be in here again so I toke the advantage. I stepped in front of a huge golden case that held brightly coloured glasses.

"These are from Asia, they are ancient-" I heard the familiar voice say. I turned around to see Harry standing behind me. I quickly diverted my eyes back to the glasses before swiftly moving along. I heard Harry's footsteps as he followed me through the amazing artifacts.

"These are from India, I remember when my father used to travel. He would send me pieces of what he would find-" I spoke.

"That is amazing, does your father still travel?" Harry asked. His hot breathe hitting the back of my neck as he stood behind me.

"No, he passed away years ago."

There was a silence before Harry moved to stand beside me.

"You're not from here. I can tell."

His words sent shivers down my spine. Was he going to throw me out of the house? Was I going to get in trouble for being on 'this side'?

"But i'll make it our little secret," I felt his hot breathe on my ear. He smirked at me as my body physically shuddered. His foot steps were then heard walking away.

"By the way, you look amazing in that dress," he said putting his lip in between his teeth. Oh god.

______________________

Vanessa waved me goodbye as she sent me back in the long black car. I felt weird, Harry's words repeating in my head over and over. But I can't think of Harry in this way, Vanessa is in love and I have never seen her this happy.

As I arrived back home, my cell phone screen lite up. My mother had sold our horse to get me this phone. Not many people in this town were that grateful, but by the time I was working we were able to buy a small little home.

I read the text: I'm sending a car down in the morning, meet me for brunch? V.

I groaned. I had mixed feelings of seeing Harry again.