17| Surprise Visit

OMNISCIENT

Karina sighed as she went through all the paperwork. She may be good at what she does but it stresses her out a lot.

She decided to lay off a bit and took her laptop to the couch. She called Christopher on Skype.

"Hola hermosa," he smiled at her. "Hola. What you up to?" she asked him. "I'm at sound check but we're taking a break right now," he told her and she nodded.

"What bout you? How are things going over there?" he asked her. "Meh, basics. I'm swarmed with paperwork, as usual," she sighed.

"Is Sebastian there?" he asked, his tone turned serious and that confused Karina. "No. Guzman kicked him out of the company because he was taking the money into his own pocket," she explained to him. "Why?" she asked again.

Christopher shook his head and planted a smile on his face. "Nothing. Just be careful okay? Listen, I have to go now. I'll be back this weekend," he said and Karina smiled.

"Can't wait to see you," she said and he smiled. "Me too. Bye nena," he said. "Bye," she blew a kiss before hanging up.

She closed her laptop and sighed, setting it onto the table. Karina walked over to the window, looking out into the view of the city.

Guzman walked over to his sister's office and saw her staring out the window. He knocked on the open door and she turned around.

"Hermana," he smiled and she returned the favour. "Remember we're supposed to visit mama's grave today?" he asked and Karina facepalmed.

"I'm sorry, I have a lot on my mind. Yeah let's go," she said as she took her jacket and bag, heading out her office to join Guzman.

~~~~

Guzman sat on the grass in front of his mother's tomb, Karina following suit next to him. "Hola mama, que tal?" Guzman said and Karina chuckled.

"It's been a while," he said again. "It really has been," a voice said from behind them and the two snapped their necks to the direction of the voice. Sebastian Ramirez Delgado.

"What are you doing here?" Guzman was fuming as he got on his two feet, ready to pounce onto him. "Guzman!" Karina quickly stopped him. "What are you doing here?" she asked him the same question but in a softer tone.

"We used to visit her together, remember?" Sebastian muttered. Guzman scoffed. "You don't deserve to be here," he spat. "You never even knew her!" he added.

"Okay enough! Guzman, parar!" Karina pulled her brother back. "Sebas, it's better if you leave," she said to him calmly. Sebastian shook his head, no.

"We're family, why does it have to be this way?" he asked. "Well surprise surprise famiy doesn't fall in love with each other!" Guzman exclaimed. Karina looked between the two of them, confused out of her mind.

"I've been in love with her since before my mom even met your dad," Sebastian said calmly. Karina's eyes widened as she realised what they're talking about.

"Rina-" he called for the girl but she shook her head. "Leave, please," she pleaded, not even looking at his face. He gulped, nodding softly as he walked out of the cemetery.

"Of all the times," Guzman muttered. "How did you know?" she asked him. Guzman looked at her, surprised. "How did I know? The real question is how do you not know?" he questioned.

"It's been so obvious hermana. Since the bloody beginning," he said. "I thought he loved me as a sister," Karina let out. "Well he loves you as more than that," he whispered.

───── ❝ 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞, 𝐚𝐝𝐢 ❞ ─────

hiyaaa

this was kinda short but aight here ya go

i'm bored as hell lmfao

bye keep votin <3