Chapter Fifteen

Eula's POV
It was exactly 6:48 in the morning when I woke up and the first thing I saw was Albert sleeping on the large couch beside my hospital bed. My lips formed into a smile, the moment I saw his handsome face but it quickly faded when I realized what day it is.

Today's the day.

Sa araw na ito, nakasalalay kinabukasan ng pamilya ko. In this day, my life is at stake. This may be my last day here on earth if something bad happens later.

I have a scheduled operation later at 5pm to remove the tumor located in the right lobe of my liver and my doctor said it would be a large risk since it's close to the hepatic artery and kung matamaan man 'yun while I'm having my surgery, there's a possibility that I may bleed to death if hindi naagapan.

Aaminin ko, I'm scared. I mean, who wouldn't be? Isang pagkakamali lang mamaya ng doctor, wala na. End na. So this is it. At saka, pagod na rin ako eh. Yung gastos pa namin for my everyday immunotheraphy tapos gagawin pang chemo, edi mas mahal yun. Eh kung ooperahan ako, isang bagsakan nalang. And it'll be the last. Kung matanggal at maging successful edi good, pero kapag hindi, edi dead. Eh dun din naman punta ko.

At saka, masaya na 'ko. Sapat na 'tong 51 years of my life. I can proudly say that I am now fulfilled sa buhay ko. And I'm thankful to God for giving me this wonderful life.

It all started when I was born. I was blessed great parents who showered me with outpouring love and care. A sister who never left my side and became my number one listener since then. Amazing relatives who always show support. Great friends who gave me comfort when I needed it. My daughters, who never failed to make me happy.

And of course, Albert, who became my companion in this journey called life. He never failed to show me my worth. He became my shield, my protector. He accepted everything about me. He loved me for who I am. He was with me through the lowest points in my life, and I never felt judged. He always appreciates me and makes sure that my efforts doesn't go unnoticed. He never left my side, even if I know it's hard to be with me. He never gave up kahit na alam kong nahihirapan na siya.

This journey is the best. I am indeed a lucky person because God planned my life very well.

I know my life will end. Nothing's permanent in this world. Our time will come. Lahat tayo mamamatay. Lahat tayo mawawala. That forever only exists in God.

Gaya ng mga artista, may nalalaos. Hindi lang naman pwedeng sila nalang lagi 'yung sikat. May mga bagong dumadating and we just have to accept it.

We all have our lives planned by our Creator. And this life? The life we all have? We do not own this. Hiram lang lahat ng ito sa Panginoon. At siya lang ang magdedesisyon kung kelan Niya ito kukunin.

If my time ends today, I will whole heartedly accept it. Kahit mahirap, tatanggapin. Utang ko 'tong buhay ko sa Panginoon. I trust Him. I know His decision will always be the best. In Him, I offer everything. As in everything.

Ang tanging hiling ko lang, sana makaya ng pamilya ko. I know it won't be easy and it will never be. But I just want them to accept what will happen later. I want them to accept God's plan for me, and for them.

"Good morning," he greeted but it was evident that he was sad.

"Good morning," I said lively, trying to make the atmosphere lighter.

"Kain ka na," He said and kissed my forehead. "Mamaya 'di ka na pwede kumain simula 9 kaya kumain ka na ngayon," he gently said while stroking hair.

"Opo, Sir.." I sat up.

"Oh dahan, dahan," he supported my back and assisted me. Such a genlteman talaga, I thought.

I looked at him and smiled in return.

He pulled a chair and placed it beside my hospital bed. He rested his hand on mine and sighed.

"Are you sure na ba talaga? Wala na ba 'kong magagawa to make you change your mind?" He said softly and his voice was a little shaky. Any minute now, he can burst into tears.

I placed my other hand on top of his. "We talked about this na diba? Napag-usapan na natin na tatanggapin natin kung ano man 'yung mangayari. Hon naman, andito na oh. Waiting nalang tayo sa operation," I said and squeezed his hand.

"Hindi ka ba natatakot? Na.. na baka eto na 'yung huling beses natin mag-usap?" He asked.

"Syempre, natatakot. But alam ko naman na God knows what's best for me. Alam kong kung ano man ang ang mangyayari, plano Niya 'yun and tinatanggap ko."

He didn't respond. Instead, he stood up and gave me a hug. I felt him kiss the top of my head. Napapikit ako. "I love you, Hon," I said out of nowhere.

End of POV

-----

"The operation is in 30 minutes. Sige po, excuse me po muna," the nurse said before going out of the room.

Everyone was nervous and Eula felt it.

"Kumalma nga kayo, parang mas kinakabahan pa kayo sa'kin." She said, trying to hide hers.

"Hindi ka ba kinakabahan?" Dawn, Eula's sister, asked.

"Kinakabahan, pero slight lang. Di katulad ng inyo," she said confidently.

"Ma, lalaban ka ha? Alam kong kaya mo 'to. Ikaw pa," Alex went close to her mom and sat on the hospital bed.

"Ma, please promise na lalaban ka," Sandy said, on the verge of crying and Anna comforted her.

"Basta, Ma. Habang inooperahan ka, isipin mo na mahal ma mahal na mahal ka namin," Anna said.

They were all waiting for what Julie was about to say but she remained silent. She just went to her mom and gave her tight hug. She whispered "I love you," and that gesture was more than enough for Eula.

30 minutes passed quickly, and Eula is now being transported to the operating room. "Hon, mahal na mahal ka namin," Albert repeated again and again while holding Eula's hand as the nurse bring her to the OR.

"Sir, hanggang dito nalang po kayo," the nurse said and took a gander at Eula sadly.

"Ma, kakayanin mo 'to ha?" Eula nodded. "Mahal na mahal ka namin," he said the kissed her forehead.

After that, they got Eula inside the OR.

"Mr. Martinez, and family. This is Dr. Kate Lacson, she is the one who'll be with me during Mrs. Martinez's surgery. The operation might take about 3-4 hours but we're still not certain because there might be complications that can be a reason of delay." Dr. Peters said.

"Doctors, please do everything you can to make my daughter safe," Gracia said and the doctors nodded.

"We will do our best, Ma'am." The doctor assured them.

They then went inside the OR to start the surgery.

The surgery was going well for the first two hours and the family outside the OR wasn't hearing anything bad happening inside but it didn't make their worry and anxiety go away.

Inside the operation room, everything's smooth until the heart monitor started to make a loud sound, indicating that something's not going well. Eula's hepatic artery was hit and now it's bleeding non-stop.

*Tooooooot*

"Stats are dropping.. let's get this done quickly!"

------

❤️

next chapter will be the epilogue thank you, everyone for reaching this far huhu 🥺