Chapter Four

Albert's POV

"Hon, kaya kami nangungulit kasi gusto namin na gumaling ka na," I said as I put the tray on top of the side table.

"Hindi na nga ako gagaling!" Her voice was cracking and she began to break down, "Hindi na ako gagaling! Kahit anong gawin niyo, hindi na!"

Tears were streaming down her face and panic invaded my system.

I sat down beside her and hugged her. "Shh, gagaling ka ha? Gagaling ka, pagtutulungan natin 'yan." I whispered gently to her ears but Eula just continued weeping.

I wrapped my arms around her shoulder while assuring her that everything's okay and that I won't leave her side.

These past few weeks, she's not cooperating sa paggaling niya. 'Di siya sumusunod kay Dr. Peters na kailangan niya kumain to gain energy and whatsoever.

"I think we should stop my chemotherapy," she said all of a sudden, while we were getting ready to sleep

I looked at her straight in the eyes, and I saw her determination to really stop her therapy.

"Why?" Yun nalang yung lumabas sa bibig ko.

"We're waisting money," she said seriously.

"Hon, we're not waisting money,"

"20k a week is not a joke, Albert. Tapos may mga gamot pa 'ko. Sana sa pag-aaral nalang ni Sandy at Julie yun napupunta,"

I moved closer to her, "Don't think about that.. Kaya ko pa naman, hindi natin ititigil yang pa-ttherapy mo." I said in authority.

"But - "

I didn't let her finish, "My decision is final, Eula. We won't stop your chemotherapy."

I said, but she didn't answer anymore. She turned back at me, and I heard her silent sobs.

I hugged her and whispered, "Kaya natin 'to ha?"

We just remained in that position for minutes.

After a while, I felt that she fell asleep. I tightened my hug and drifted to sleep, as well.

My heart shatters seeing her like this. Parang ang useless kong asawa, kasi ako mismo wala akong magawa to give her hope and strength.