Chapter Six

Eula's POV

"Don't be afraid, anak.." Dad said. I'm on my bed and I saw him standing by the door.

"Dad?" I murmured and ran towards him. "I miss you! I love you!" I hugged him.

I was like a little girl crying because she didn't want to go to school because of the bullies. Yes, I was crying that hard for me to compare myself to that level.

"Please don't leave me again," I whispered.

"Makinig ka sa'kin, Anak. Don't be the Miss-Know-It all Eula now. Listen to your doctor, to your husband and to your daughters. Sa nakikita ko, they know better than you do. Don't disobey the doctor's advice, and eat on time always. Please don't stop your immunotheraphy. Don't distant yourself from your family, it will bring you no good, but pain. For you and for them. Always remember, cancer lang yan, and you're Eula. Mas malakas ka dyan and don't let it get into you. Your lola and I might have not survive it, but that doesn't mean you won't too. Have hope and always pray, Anak. God is with you and He will never leave your side. I am too. Hindi mo man ako nakikita, but I'm always here. Protecting you, your mother, your sister and your whole family."

I woke up with tears going down in my cheeks. It was just a dream. Iba talaga si Dad, whenever I feel like I'm at my lowest point, he doesn't forget me and he shows in my dreams.

"I miss you, Dad.." I whispered.

I immediately wiped my tears as Julie went inside our room. Hindi marunong kumatok ang mga 'to? Lagi nalang akong nagugulat.

"Mom? Ang aga niyo po nagising. Good morning po!"

I smiled. "Good morning, Princess." It feels good. Indeed, Dad was right. Pushing my family away won't give me anything but pain.

I saw her smile. "Namiss ko po yan ah? Hehe" she said shyly.

"Halika nga dito," I opened my arms and she went closer to me and buried her face on my chest.

"I miss you so much, Mommy," she began crying.

"Shhh, I'm sorry. I'm sorry," I said, again feeling guilty. Grabe pala yung impact sa kanila ng mga ginawa ko.

"Daddy told us na sinabi mo po sa kanya na na hindi ka na gagaling? Please don't think negatively, Mom. Gagaling ka, I know. Hindi ka pababayaan ni God and even ni Papi," I nodded to assure my little girl.

"I know, I know. I'm sorry sa mga nasabi ko. Tinotopak lang ang mommy niyo non," I smiled. "Gagaling ako, your Papi and Papa God has my back! And I know na hindi niyo rin ako susukuan."

Her lips formed a smile. "That's my mom! My very hopeful mom," she said and hugged me again.

Natanggal lahat ng bigat sa puso ko. From now on, I won't think about anything negative. Gagaling ako soon. I just need to follow the doctor's advices to always eat and just pray. Praying would do the work!

"Eat with us? I don't remember the last time you ate breakfast with us.." she pouted.

Manhid lang ang tatanggi sa batang 'to. Oo, I tried to be manhid dati. I thought it would be the best thing to do. Akala ko lang yun. Sometimes we make wrong decisions in life, and that was a perfect example for that.

I nodded, "I'm going to join you guys for breakfast." Her face lit up and looked at me.

"Really? Yay! Tara na po, Mommy! Ate Alex slept here last night so sakto po complete tayo. And Daddy's cooking! I'm sure you missed him cooking for breakfast. Lagi niyo pong nirerequest yun dati eh," she teased. Eto, kakabati lang, nang-aasar na agad. I laughed.

"Tara na nga, at baka magbago pa isip ko. Sige ka, ikaw rin."

"Sabi ko nga po, tara na po! They're waiting for me, and matagal na rin po nila ikaw iniintay" she said then tumayo na siya.

Sabay kaming lumabas ng kwarto and bumababa papunta sa dinning room.

"Mom, stay here. We'll surprise them.." Maghintay raw ako dito sa may hagdanan and wait for her cue.

"Good morninggg!" She said energetic.

"Ganda ng gising natin ah," Sandy commented.

"I have a surprised for you!!"

"Breakfast is ready!" Sumingit si Albert. "Ano yun?"

"Mom is joining us for breakfast!" She said happily but I heard no one talk.

"Di nga? Hoy di magandang biro yan, pinapaasa mo lang kami!" Anna said sadly.

Pumasok ako ng dinning room and I saw their shocked faces. I saw Albert pinched himself. Di ata makapaniwala. Sa mga pinakita ko ba naman eh?

I smiled and sat down on my seat. Nakita ko namang nagmadali si Albert para kunin yung pinggan ko.

End of POV

Albert's POV

Is this really happening? I blinked a couple of times. I even pinched myself but she's still standing infront of us.

She was smiling sweetly tapos naupo na siya. Wala palang siyang pinggan!

I ran to get her plate inside the kitchen. Still no one was talking.

"Thank you," she murmured gently.

"Good morning, Hon!" I kissed her cheek.

"Good morning, I missed eating breakfast with you guys!"

Recovering from the shock, Alex, Anna and Sandy stood up and gave Eula a good morning hug.

We began eating and in a snap, everything was back to normal. We were eating the way we used to be, talking the way we used to be.

I still can't believe that it is happening right now. I prayed and talked to God last night to help our family bring Eula's hope back, I even asked Eula's dad to help but I didn't expect na mangyayari agad kinabukasan!

 I prayed and talked to God last night to help our family bring Eula's hope back, I even asked Eula's dad to help but I didn't expect na mangyayari agad kinabukasan!

Hindi talaga papatagalin ni Papa Fermin kapag si Eula yung pinag-uusapan. And napatunayan ko na naman na everything's possible with God, our Father.

This is what I was dreaming since then. For the caring, supportive, sweet, loving and not cold-hearted Eula to be back.

And this time, nangyayari na siya. Finally!

The old Martinez family is back, because she is back; the strength and heart of the family. I wonder kung ano kayang ginawa ni Julie para maconvince niya mom niya to join us for breakfast.

❤️

Fighting Cancer (EulBert)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara