Chapter Ten

Italicized words = Flashback

Eula's POV

Pagdilat ko, ang unang bumungad sakin ay ang kisame. White ceiling. Asan ako? Anong nangyari?

My eyes wandered over the room, just to discover a man dozing, with his hands holding mine. It's Albert. My husband.

I looked to the other side, and I saw my daughters Julie and Alex both resting on the couch close to this medical clinic bed I'm on.

"Albert?" I murmured as I attempted to move. He woke up, feeling diminished. Stress was clear all over. His eyebags were profound, and his hair was somewhat chaotic. Mukhang ngayon lang nakatulog. "Hon? Kamusta pakiramdam mo? May masakit pa ba sa'yo? Anong nararamdaman mo? Ok-" He was asking a large number of questions, however before he finish his talking, I intruded.

"I'm fine already," I said coldly.

Nakita ko namang nasaktan siya sa pakikitungo ko sa kanya. "S-sandali, tatawagin ko lang yung doktor para sabihing nagising ka na," he said and excused herself.

When he went out, my daughters woke up. I gestured and flagged them because I'm starting to feel dizzy. They stopped talking bowed their heads.

I saw the hurt in their faces and I saw Alex comfort her sibling who was attempting her best to control her tears for me not to see.

End of POV

After a while, Albert came in with Eula's oncologist.

"Good afternoon, Mrs. Martinez how are you feeling?"

"Fine, I guess," Eula replied as though she couldn't care less about what's going on.

"Bumabalik na naman," Albert thought.

"Forgive me for asking, Mrs. Martinez," Dr. Peters said since he can sense that Eula was already irritated. "But can you please tell us kung ano nangyari and why did Mr. Martinez found you in your bathroom unconscious?"

"Why do you have to know?" Eula said without looking at the man wearing a laboratory coat.

The specialist was stunned for he wasn't anticipating that sort of answer from his patient. He knows Eula was some way or another unique in relation to the others. She was the kind of patient who wouldn't like to be cured. She was the sort of patient who doesn't like any assistance from the specialists, doctors or clinical staff. What's more, patients like her are exceptionally uncommon, because most of them, wants to be cured as soon as possible.

-----

Albert's POV

It's been a week after I saw Eula lying in our bathroom, oblivious, and I still can't forget what I saw.

And beacause of that, her doctor advised na bantayan ko siya 24/7, and I have no problem about that. May trabaho man ako, kaya ko namang ipagpaliban yun. Eula's more important to me.

And besides, Alex told me na siya na muna bahala sa kompanya namin so I can put all my attention to my wife.

As of now, we're in our bed room, and she's having a nap.

I accepted the open door to stare at her.

She looks pale, her eyes were swollen and she lost weight. She look physically drained.

But no matter what, she will still be the most beautiful in my eyes. She's timeless. Still the Eula I met.

I'm on my way to Richard's birthday, running a little late because there was an unexpected meeting with one of our stockholders. He is one of my friends since high school. A member of our barkada.

I'm the founder and owner of Martinez Corporation, probably the most extravagant organization in our country who makes wine.

This was my dream back then. Although my parents were hesitant to support me at first cause they didn't like the idea. Who would be successful in making different wines? That's what they had in minds before. Wala raw akong mapapala sa gantong klase ng business. Sabi nila, iba nalang daw, marami pa namang ibang choices kasi bihira lang ang mga taong nagiging successful in this kind of business. But that didn't stop me. The more I became determined na maging isa sa kaunting owners ng wine companies sa Pilipinas.

At sa awa ng Diyos, naging successful naman.

"Traffic na naman, pambihira!" Hinampas ko yung manubela out dissatisfaction. Sobrang late ko na, bakit sumasabay pa tong traffic.

The traffic light turned green, and that indicated na aandar na yung mga sasakyan. 60 seconds was given.

There was a car before me tapos sa harap niya, intersection na when it turned red again.

"Sayang. Di pa umabot!" I yelled irately. Another 180 seconds para maghintay.

Sa sobrang focused ko sa stop light na mag-green. And when it did, umandar agad ako without noticing na hindi pa pala umaandar yung kotse sa harapan ko.

"Shit!" I cursed when I felt that I bumped the car in front of me. "Timing nga naman," I thought.

The vehicle behind us where honking impatiently. Well, like me kanina. I promptly left my vehicle and a lady, who resembles Angelina Jolie went out, panicking.

Tiningnan niya kaagad yung tama ng sasakyan niya before facing me. "I'm sorry," she apologized. "May nagtext kasi sa'kin kaya I checked kaya hindi ako nakaandar agad," she clarified modestly.

I felt soothed, akala ko sa prisinto ang bagsak nito kasi ang ganda nung sasakyan at mukhang mayaman 'tong babaeng lumabas mula sa kotseng iyon. But I was wrong. Mabait pala siya at mukhang walang demandahan o bayarang magaganap.

'Ayan kasi, wag judgemental, Albert!" I scolded myself.

I was in the middle of my thoughts when I felt a light tap on my shoulder. "Sir? Okay lang po kayo?" The woman in front of me asked.

I flashed a smile. "It wasn't your fault, Miss. I'm sorry. I was too focused sa stop light because I'm a bit late for a party kaya I didn't realize na hindi ka pa umaandar." I explained and she nodded.

"Mukhang pareho pala tayong may kasalanan, edi quits na! Ingat nalang tayo sa susunod, Mister!" She said as though nothing occurred and as though her vehicle wasn't harmed in any way. She smiled sweetly and chuckled. "Sige na po. I'm a bit late na rin. Mauna na po ako. Thank you po ulit and sorry." She said leaving me grinning like an imbecile in the middle of the street.

I came back to my senses when a car honked directly at me. Umiling nalang ako at napangiti, I went back to my car and drove to the venue.

She's beautiful tapos ang bait bait pa. She looks familiar. She looks like my future wife whom I'm going to marry in the future.

'Hina mo lang, Albert. 'Di mo nakuha number, ni pangalan hindi mo alam." I thought.

-----

❤️