The Betrayal (Irial)

Where could she have gone? Irial wondered as he walked the streets of Florence. This was a new city, she could have gotten lost. After all this was her first time venturing alone. Or even worse, some vagrant could've gotten to her. Alecxa wasn't stupid thought, she wouldn't go with some man.... would she? No, no of course not. He convinced himself. But would she now?

Irial had ran after her but she was too fast. By the time he got to the door, she was gone. If anything happens to her, Irial told himself, I will never forgive myself.

Why did you cheat on her? A voice in his head said. Why did you cause her pain? Truthfully, Irial couldn't remember ever being with Dae. From his memory the only time they have ever been a lot in a room together had been when she wrapped his back. Yet, they had been arguing about their affair. Words came out of his mouth with out his knowing. Untrue words. Words that had no business in coming out of his mouth. Why did you hurt Alecxa? He stopped walking.

Why did you hurt Alecxa? The voice insisted. There was something strange about this voice in his head. It wasn't his voice, it was slightly lower than his. But it did sound familiar.

Why did you hurt Alecxa?! The voice repeated angrily. Why?!

“I didn't!” He yelled to the sky. Sitting down on the curb he cursed at himself. He had, unknowingly, alienated the one person who loved him and who he truly loved. The one person who was, not only his best lover, but confidant. The most trusting and loyal friend anyone would ever want or need. “I-I...” his voice drifted off into the night.

“Irial? Is that you?” A voice behind his asked. Turning Irial tried not to look sad. “What are you doing out here?”

“Lorenzo.” He bowed at his Step father. “I was just-”

“Dropping off a lady?” He shook his head, turning away. “I knew it. I knew you-”

“No, no!” He pulled Lorenzo back by the shoulder. “I was looking for Alecxa. She ran out of the house earlier.”

“What did you do to her?” Lorenzo demanded.

“I-I didn't do anything.” He said honestly. “She misunderstood somethings that Dae said.”

“Ah,” Lorenzo looked enlightened. “that is why she wants Dae dismissed?”

Irial nodded.

“What were these words, I wonder.” Scratching his chin he walked back to the house. “Shall we send people looking for her?”

“I'm worried she has gotten lost.” Irial said sadly following Lorenzo into the house. Lost because of him, he thought sadly.

Out front, a carriage pulled up. The driver got off and opened the door. Stepping out of the carriage was a tall man wearing all black. He extended his hand back into the carriage and a young girl came out. From where Irial was, one hand on the door knob, he could not see who this girl was but he had a strange feeling it was Alecxa. The man leaned down and whispered something into the girls ear. She promptly nodded and moved around him to the curb.

“And Alecxa?” The man said. “I'm here when you need to talk.”

Alecxa nodded and smiled. Irial's heart leaped in his chest. Alecxa was alright! Running out of the house, he ran to her lifting her off the ground. She, rather stiffly, hugged him and laughed. All the tension and anger seemingly disappearing.

“Where were you?” He asked her once she was on the ground. “I was looking for you but I lost you.”

Alecxa opened her mouth to talk but Irial shushed her with a kiss.

“I thought I'd lost you... and I felt empty.” He continued. The carriage had ridden on by now, the remaining passenger didn't give Irial a second thought. “I felt empty and scared and disperato e nel dolore. I never want to feel that way again, mai.”

When his hands touched her lip all she could think about was how his touch sent a wave of feeling in her. Something that she had never felt before. He kissed her like no other, touched her like no other, or so she imagined having never been with another. She knew how he felt about her, but somehow she could never bring herself to believe it again. His dark features had attracted her from the beginning. Blue eyes with dark lashes, that seem to stand out in his creamy pale complexion. Dark hair that always seemed to look like he just woke up. His never ending supply of bright clothing he wore announcing his courting of a woman; yet he was never with anyone but Alecxa. The tight shirts he wore to show off his toned and muscular body that any guy would kill for, at home, and loose traditionally shirts he wore in public. His full lips that always, unless in front of her father, held a teasing smirk or tender smile.

Irial, friend and lover, had betrayed her only hours ago. Yet here they were, as if nothing happened, talking in the parlour room. Holding hands and even kissing as if he hadn't slept with Dae, as if Alecxa hadn't run off into the arms of another man. For their entire conversation Alecxa felt like if they stopped talking every event would come popping back into her mind and her heart would implode. She felt a desperate need to kiss and touch Irial when ever the conversation began to fade. Every now and again, though, her mind would drift to Marckus and their conversation.

After getting in the carriage, Alecxa had explained her late night travels to Marckus. He didn't seem worried. Advising her to let things run their course and work themselves out, he'd told her the story of how he had met his late wife. They had met at his 15th birthday when his father , a prominent member of the government, had thrown him a feast. Ife had been the daughter of one of his father's closest advisors. The way he had described her “warm, dark skin, dark almond shaped eyes, long sensuous hand and long silky hair” made Alecxa, with her pale skin, dark wavy hair, and bright blue eyes, feel ugly in comparison. She sounded like a real life goddess!

During the party, Ife had avoided Marckus, having been mistaking him for a commoner. The clothing, he told her, has changed drastically from his child hood. Eventually tired of rejection Marckus went to his father. “I asked him to relinquish all ties with his closes friend,” he told her laughing, “for his daughter wouldn't acknowledge me!” His father had chuckled lightly and told him, “Nothing can change what your heart wants . It is not you who controls your heart, it controls you.”

“What are you thinking about?” Irial asked, looking at her with his deep blue eyes. Eyes so compatible to her's... so unlike Marckus' deep brown ones. “You seem so engrossed in your thinking. May I ask what you are thinking about?”

“I was thinking about...” She paused. What would his reaction be if she told he truth? It is best to lie, she decided. “kissing you.”

“Why did you have to think about it?” He leaned in and kissed her lips softly. Leaning back he looked at her, a smile on his face.

“That was not a kiss.” Alecxa told him placing her hand on his silk clad thigh and leaning in. Not quite reaching his lips, she leaned even more almost falling on him. Irial laughed and pushed her back. He mimicked her and placed his hands on her thighs. Leaning towards her their lips met. He leaned her into the sofa, her legs around his waist as best as they could in her dress.

Her breathing accelerated as her push her dress up.

“Are we going mental? We can't possibly do this.” His mouth against her ear.

To respond she unwrapped herself and put her hands on the small of his back and pushed him towards her. He moaned. Alecxa kissed his neck, ear and chin until she got to his mouth. Looking at him she moved her hands to his chest to undo the buttons of his shirt. They needed to do this. Something in her gut told her this was the right thing to do. He kissed her hungrily and pushed himself against her even more. She could feel him against her no uncovered thighs. Removing his shirt she looked him in the eye.

“I love you.” She told him.

I love you, Alecxa.” He said breathing hard. “I will never hurt you again, ever.”