Alecxa

ALECXA

Italy 1496

"My daughter, I will like you to meet Marckus Edwards. Marckus, this is my daughter Alecxa."

Lorenzo had finally succeeded in finding his daughter, Alecxa, a good, rich man who she could one day marry. He understood she was barely a girl of 16 but he could not help to rejoice in the fact that his daughter was becoming a beautiful young woman. He felt little shame in what he was doing.

"Alecxa." She bowed down and extended her hand. Marckus took it, kissed it and smiled at her. "This is my brother, Irial."

Alecxa pointed behind her towards a tall, dark haired young man. He bowed as well and said, "A pleasure, sir."

Alecxa turned her back on Marckus and looked at her father and said, "Father, may Irial and I go to the Arena?" her rudeness made Irial smile.

"Alecxa, stay and entertain our guest. The Arena is no place for a young woman of your standing." Lorenzo patted his daughters hand and looked at Marckus. He took her hand from her father.

"Alecxa, you are more beautiful than your fathers description. He talks about you a lot, you see. He informs me that you are 16, is this true?"

"Si, that is corretto."

"Yet you have no pretendentes?"

Alecxa took it back and said, "I do not want any."

"May i ask why not?"

"Non sono affari tuoi!"

For a moment Marckus' face showed amusement. When he turned to Lorenzo, he coughed and said, "I'm sorry if I upset her..."

Lorenzo waved his hand and said, "You haven't mi amico."

"Father let me talk to her." Irial stepped forward. Lorenzo nodded and put his arm around Marckus, leading him away.

Irial led Alecxa to the adjacent room that served as the their living quarters. "What are yo-" he began.

"He is trying to separate us!" she whispered as she threw her arms around his neck.

"Sister, just go. He simply wants to get to know you that's all." He touched her back with his fingers, her hands tightened around his neck. "Sorrella..."

"Why should i?" She stepped close and her voice became more sensual. "I don't want to." He leaned down to kiss her lips softly. She urgently opened her lips to let him in. Her tongue explored his mouth. She inched closer to him. He had to stop himself before he almost moaned. He couldn't help to want her even more close but he knew it was wrong.

Irial pushed her away and said, "We cant." She tried to step closer but he turned away from her. "Sister, say yes to Mr. Edwards and be done with it. You need a suitor. If its not him then your Father will find some old man to be your suitor as a punishment. Don't you find him even mildly attractive?" Irial was afraid of her answer. Is she did, where did that leave him?

"Well yes, he is attraente but i don't want him. I want you!"

"We cant be insieme. Your father will never allow it, you know that."

"I don't care what he says, i know what i feel. or... is it that you don't feel the same way? Oh fratello tell me you do!" Alecxa covered her mouth with her hands.

If Irial denounced his love for her then.... no she must not think of that! Yet she did. She had never felt this way with any other man she had met. When Alecxa was with Irial she felt safe, happy. Is that what love is? Or is it how a family should feel like?

"Will you go if i say yes?" Alecxa nodded, "Yes sister i love you." She smiled, he nodded. Alecxa stepped closer and they kissed once more. He took control so that it wouldn't get out of hand again. His hand went behind her neck, her hand on his chest. Her touch sent shivers down his body. In a moment it was gone. He stepped away and said, "Now, go."

As they stepped back into the room, Lorenzo and Marckus stood.

"Father... i will go but i would like to bathe first. Is that satisfactory?"

"Of course." Lorenzo looked at Marckus who also nodded.

"Will two hours be sufficiente?" Marckus asked smiling.

She wasn't fat or skinny, too dark or too light, too tall or to short. She seemed to have the right combination of everything he desired. And apparently what her brother, Irial, desired as well. Marckus saw him checking her out with a smile on his face. When she went by him her smile brighten and Irial laughed.

He seemed oddly closed to her, too close for his comfort.

He turned to Lorenzo and said, "They are close, are they not?" Lorenzo laughed and said, "They have been friends for anni, longer than i have been married to his mother. He helped her through her mothers morte and my sposato his madre. He is a good kid."

"You don't find it worrying at all?"

"Worry? Why should I?" Lorenzo shook his head and stood in front of him.

"He is interessato in her, i can see it."

"Just a crush, it will go away as soon as he finds himself a woman."

"Alecxa is a woman." Marckus pointed out.

"Yes, but she is also his sister."

"Not by blood, Lorenzo. Only by marriage. They can marry if they wish."

"No they will not. I want the best for my daughter. She can do better than him." Lorenzo walked with Marckus.

"Lorenzo, i say this as your friend, you shouldn't interfere with love. If the gods have wished it, so let it be."

"Marckus, my dear friend, i will do what is best for my daughter." He stood in front of Marckus and said, "i have some shopping to do, ill see you in the conference tonight. Buono." Lorenzo walked away and disappeared into the crowd. Marckus took to running and before he knew it he was back at home in Lower Egypt.