Back Home

Home

As Irial waited for Alecxa to return, he began to wonder what deal she was talking about. He hated not knowing.

Irial's bruised body couldn't support him anymore. It wanted him to sleep but he couldn't. Not yet. Not until he talk to her. Irial slowly removed his shirt. His arms begged him to stop moving but he couldn't. He had to see the extend of Lorenzo's belt on his skin. Irial bundled up his shirt and tried to wipe some of the blood off. He winced. The texture of the shirt scraped the opened skin and burned him.

The door to his room opened and in came in, finally, Alecxa. She stopped when she noticed his back. Shocked, she gasp and looked horrified.

"Oh brother..." Alecxa stepped forward, Irial turned and faced her. "Oh Irial!"

"Where have you been?" he asked. "You left hours ago."

"I was with Marckus." She said dismissively. "Turn around." He turned back. Her fingers touched his back lightly.

"Its not that bad."

"Why haven't you wash them? What if you get an infezione?" Alecxa said, her voice full of concern.

"I was waiting for you..." he admitted. He looked at her through the mirror. "What?"

"You waited for me?!" She smiled, then whacked him upside the head. "Che cosa stavi pensando?"

Alecxa walked into his bathroom where the tub was. The bath was now cold, so she decided to send out for more water. Irial stayed by the mirror, looking at his back. She sneaked a look at him. She'd never seen his without a shirt. His back was very muscular and firm. He was tanned lightly. Irial looked at her and smiled.

"Like the view?" he said laughing.

"I'll be back, I'm going to get some asciugamani."

"Why do we need towels for?" He asked, but she'd already left.

*¤*

"How could you do that?" Alecxa entered her father's office unannounced after telling Dae to bring her towels and hot water.

"What are you yelling about now?"

"Have you even seen him? Checked his back after you beat him?"

"I'm too busy, amore, making money for you to live like this." He pointed to his desk which was filled with papers.

"Fine. I'm going to need somethings... from the market." She extended her hand towards him. He produced some money and waved his hand at her towards the door.

Dae was outside the door waiting. Alecxa handed her the money and took the towels from her.

"You know what to buy." She told her going up the stairs to Irials room.

*¤*

"Are you dead?" She asked jokingly when she saw Irial spread out on his bed, face down still shirtless.

"Not yet. What took you so long?"

"Dae is going to the market, I had to get some denaro from father." Alecxa said putting a towel in the tub, wetting it.

"Why is she going to the market?"

"To get some herbs for you." Alecxa walk back to him and sat next to him on the bed. Irial moved over and looked at her.

"I don't need any herbs, just a good night sleep." He turned back and relaxed his body. "It doesn't even hurt anymore."

Alecxa put the towel on her lap and said, "So if I were to do this..." she put the wet towel on his back and pushed down slightly. Irial immediately turned and removed the towel. "Bugiardo!"

"Alright it hurts." He laid back down and sighed. "I'm sure you'd rather be talking to Dae about your date rather than being here with me."

Alecxa laughed and said, "I would rather be here than to talk about that man."

"Why? What happened?" Irial sat up on his elbows. "Did he touch you?"

"No Iri. Calm down. He's just weird... its like he is older than he appears to be." Alecxa shook her head. "Let's clean the cuts."

Once again he slumped down in the bed. Alecxa, carefully, put the wet towel on his back. She heard him wince slightly and apologized. His breathing sped up as she gently rub the towel. Already the blood began to bleed through. Alecxa turned the towel and went to wet another one. She was about to replace it when someone knocked on the door.

"Enter." Irial said in a raspy voice.

Dae came in with a bucket of water and a bag. "Patrona, I've got what you asked for." She looked at Irial lying on the bed and blushed.

Annoyed, Alecxa pointed at the edge of the bed. When Dae didn't put the bag down, Alecxa coughed and Dae looked down, ashamed, and put the bag on the bed. She handed the bucket to Alecxa who said, "Get out Dae. Ill call you if I need you." Dae curtsied and left.

"Why were you so mean?" Irial asked as Alecxa changed the towel. "What did she do? You never talk to Dae like that."

"She..." Alecxa stopped. Why had she done that? "she looked at you."

Irial chuckled.

"What?" Alecxa dropped a new towel into the hot water.

"You are jealous." Irial turned and touched her arm. "You are! You are gelosa!"

"So what if I am?" She pulled away and pushed his head down on the pillow. "Am I not allowed to?"

"Its so..." Alecxa put the hot towel on his back. He winced loudly. "amorevole."