The Betrayal Pt.2 / Marckus POV

*¤*

Hours later, Alecxa woke up still in the bath. Her body was wrinkled but her mind clean, which was the intent. Grabbing a towel and rising from the bath, Alecxa wrapped it around herself and stepped out of the bath into her room. It was now dark out around dinner time, she figured. Her body ached from being in a fixed position for so long. Stretching, Alecxa went to her mirror. Her eyes were gray instead of their natural blue color. They didn't shine, they just looked back at her sad.

She dressed in a hurry, dinner was waiting downstairs for her. Her stomach growled in response and hurried her all the more. Choosing the black grown from earlier she put it on and hurried out the door. Descending the stair she looked straight ahead, face blank. She couldn't show emotion, her mother wouldn't. Finally in the dinning room, she curtsied and said, “Buona sera padre... Irial.” Alecxa sat down at her place and looked across from her to Irial.

Under the table, Irial tapped his foot against her begging her to look at him. She did and was immediately overcome with grief. He tilted his head and looked sad. Thinking about his lies, Alecxa looked down. Her plate was brought in but it didn't look that appetizing to her at the moment. Pushing away her plate, she sat there and looked at her father.

“Yes?” He asked.

“I was wondering why I needed a personal servant...”

“Is Dae not doing her duties?” Lorenzo continued eating but kept an eye on her. “What did she do?”

Niente. I'm old enough to be alone... no?”

“No!” Irial responded, practically yelling. “You are not.”

Padre...” Alecxa said ignoring Irial. “I do not need her any longer.”

“Alecxa, my love, you are 16.” He placed his hand on his forehead, thinking. “I shall think about it.”

“May I be excused?” Lorenzo nodded. Alecxa stood, so did the men.

When she passed by Irial's seat, she had to force her self not to look at him. Fist cleanched, she left the dinning room. Sighing, she walked slowly to the staircase. On the firs step she heard Irial excusing himself. Immediately she ran up the stairs. Her room only steps away when she heard Irial behind her. Before she got completely into the room, a hand stopped it from closing. Irial's.

Tears began to spill as Irial pushed him self into the room. His arms wrapped themselves around Alecxa. For a brief moment she just stood there, in his embrace. His scent overpowered her senses. Then he kissed her forehead and she came back into reality. Alecxa pushed him, but he held on tightly.

“Let me go!” She yelled, her fist pounding his chest. “Let me go, Irial!”

“Alecxa,” He whispered into her hair. “let me explain.”

“Let me go!” He did, with a groan.

Si prega di...” Irial said. Alecxa took a step back, away from him and his scent. “Please!”

“No , Irial.”

“Please...” Irial said silently. His eyes began to tear up, his brow furrowing, as he tried not to cry. “Let me explain.”

Alecxa turned away, images of all the times Irial had made her feel better came into her mind. Her heart constricted as she turned around slowly. The least she could do is listen to him, years of friendships can't wash away just like that.

“Fine.” She sat down on the bed and waited.

“Ok, first of I never lied to you.” Alecxa scoffed. “I never once lied to you directly.”