Irial loves me, right?"

• Dedicated to Joycie Martinez

After leaving Dae in Irials room, Alecxa went out her room. Her patio door was ajar and the room was chilly. She closed the door and shivered. Retracting the shades she sighed and reopened them slightly. The night was beautifully dark, almost black. Few clouds and start shined. The stars that was present, shined brightly.

Sighing, once again, she thought about the night Irial and herself could be having if he was not injured. The could be in Ponte Vecchio right now, walking and talking. Joking at every little thing, sampling vendors products and buying painting. Where would the night lead? She would never know now.

Quickly changing into a white nightgown, she opened her bedroom door only to find her Father on the other side.

"Father!" Alecxa exclaimed. "Mi hai spaventato!"

"I'm sorry." Alecxa stepped aside to let Lorenzo enter the room. "How was your evening with Edwards?"

"It was fine, I guess. Strange but fine. He has a very big home!" She commented.

"Why strange?"

"His eyes... they are different."

"His eyes?" Lorenzo asked worried. "What about his eyes?"

"Nothing, they are just too old." Lorenzo eyes tightened. "Whats wrong father?"

"Nothing, my daughter. Where are you off to?" He motioned to her nightgown.

"Iri's room." She paused. "You should apologize, father."

"Is it that bad?" he asked, a worried look on his face.

"It will scar." She responded. "Come along."

Alecxa walked out of the room, Lorenzo following behind slowly. When they reached Irial's door, Alecxa heard giggling. Dae was giggling, something she had never done before. Alecxa knocked and it stopped. She heard some clattering of pots, probably the pots with water, before Irial said, "Enter." Pretending to have heard anything, Alecxa opened the door smiling. She nodded at Dae who looked down and curtsied.

"I need to talk to Irial alone." Dae nodded, picked up the almost empty pots and dirty towels and left. Lorenzo, Alecxa noticed, had not come in to the room with her. "Father?" She looked behind her as her entered.

Irial stood up, putting on his shirt and looked at Alecxa.

"I have nothing to say to him."

"Irial, let him speak." She urged him. "Please." Irial motioned with his hand for Lorenzo to enter. An ashamed look spread over Lorenzo's features.

"I came to apologize. Alecxa says your back will scar. I didn't mean to..." He stopped, at a loss for words. "I'm sorry."

"There is no need for..." Irial inhaled loudly. "apologizing, father."

"Yes, there is. I acted without thinking, I acted without remorse. I am truly sorry, my son." Putting a hand on Irial's shoulder, Lorenzo squeezed and waited for a response.

"I accept your apology." Irial said. Lorenzo was about to leave when he added, "Even though I know you were only doing it for Alecxa."

"Irial!" Alecxa warned. "Father, don't indulge his antics. He is only trying to provoke you."

"Yes, thank you. I'm going to be in my study if you need me." Lorenzo gently kissed Alecxa's cheek before leaving.

"That wasn't necessary, you know." Alecxa sat on the bed. Irial leaned against the bathroom door.

"Yes I was." He said bluntly. "My back is fine by the way."

"Why are you in such a bad mood all of a sudden?" Irial had never been like this to before. He was never the one to yell. Irial was not rude he was gentle and sweet.

"Nothing, nothing." He walked over to her and placed his hands on her shoulders. "I'm sorry. I did not mean any thing against you my dear sister."

"How is your back?"

"Dae made a paste with the herbs. She put it on my back and wrapped it." He unbuttoned his shirt and revealed his towel covered chest. "Want to see it?"

"I already am..." Irial made a move as if to remove the covering. "No, don't. Non è necessario. I trust Dae to have done the... right thing" Irial smiled.

"You do not sound so sure." Pointed out Irial. "Still jealous that she finds me attractive?"

"Why should she? I don't." She responded jokingly. Irial stepped closer to her.

"Oh sister, you wound me!" he clutched his heart. "Even if she did, you know what? I wouldn't care one bit. I only care about you, no one else. When the month is over, we will finally be together!"

"Yes! If only it was now." Alecxa put her hands on his waist and said. "I shall let you rest." She reached up to kiss him but Irial turned his head. Before she could ask what was wrong a knock came from the door. Dae appeared. Almost instantly Irial pushed Alecxa away.

Dae curtsied and bushed.

"What do you want Daenna?" Alecxa asked annoyed.

"Patrona, signore Edwards is here to see you. He asked me to apologize for the time, but he needs to see you."

"I'll be right down." Alecxa said dismissively. Dae curtsied and left. Irial sat down on the bed looking angrily at her. "What?"

"It's the middle of the night and he comes to 'see' you?" Alecxa looked outside and noticed how the sky was beginning to get lighter, the first sign that the morning was afoot.

"What the hell is wrong with you? You are so arrogant! This is not you." Irial's attitude was bothering her more and more.

"Nothing. Go and talk to Marckus." He stood and pushed her out of his room. Alecxa stood shocked. He had changed over the last few hours. He had changed completely. This is not the Irial she knew, the one she fell for. Who was this?