Hasani's story (Prologue)

****This is a prologue. if you want the beginning of the story you can skip to Part 2 entitled ALECXA****

~PART ONE~

Egypt 2BC

Senator Hasani Bomani had always been strong. He was the perfect model of solitude, unity, strength and determination. Now, he laid helpless in his wife's hands. His whole body was scratched and torn from an enemy unknown. Yet he felt rejuvenated and awakened. He saw the pain through his wife's eyes but felt none. All he felt was a tingly sensation. He thought, this is how death must feel. Hasani ordered his wife to kill him. At first she resisted, insisting he could be saved, but eventually she gave in and responded through tearful eyes,

"I don't want to live without you!" She plunged a dagger into his heart and did the same to herself.

When Hasani awoke, he awoke to cries and screams. Hasani looked around and grunted in dismay,"The afterlife is no different than life." When he looked around he noticed he was on an altar. The alter was 3 feet tall, decorated with jewels and writing from the pharaohs and scholars. A man, a clergy, stood next to him with wide eyes. When Hasani looked at him, the man immediately bowed down and whispered, "Gods have mercy on us. He is alive!" everyone repeated his movements. A whole crowd, he now noticed, was looking at him. This appeared almost like a funeral.

His funeral.

He looked to his right. His wife, Ife, laid in a similar altar a few feet from him. She was wearing her favorite gown. A white piece with black straps that hung from her shoulders to her ankles. The straps had jewels that shinned in the beautiful Egyptian sun. He could remember the day he got her the dress, just one day after their daughter was born. The look on her eyes, her arms around his neck thanking him. Her hot breath on his ears telling him that is was the best gift she had received. The memory brought tears to his eyes.

He looked at her now. She was dead and here he was alive. His beautiful Ife was dead. Why had he been spared? Why couldn't he have died with his wife as it is proper? Hasani got up and went to her. His legs felt empowered. Before he knew it he was leagues from the altar, in the middle of his home with Ife in his arms. Hasani caressed her face, her beautiful dark hair. He admired her graceful face. Even in death she is graceful, he thought. The memories of their marriage and life together made him cry even harder. He would never see her again, never talk to her, never be advised by her again in this life, he realized.

"I love you, I always will." His breath caught. Her faced looked like that of an Angel. "I will find a way to be with you. I promise you!"

9 months later

Hasani had quickly learned he was longer human. His daughter looked at him as something unnatural, a monster. He tried to take care of her, but every time he looked at her he saw Ife. When he left in search for a cure, he left her with family. They were to raise her as their own, she would have a mother and a father both of which she didn't have at the moment. Every once in a while, he's return to her. Hasani was now her uncle. Although it pain him to hear her call someone else father, he knew it was the only option her had. Until one day, he decided not to come around anymore.

For the next 9 months he tried looking for an explanation for his death and undeath. It wasn't until month 5 that he began to kill himself. He had tried everything Egypt could offer and even went to different lands to find a "cure", as he liked to call it. In those months he learned he could not die. He'd tried many things like poison and even hanging himself. Every time he woke up hours later in the same position! Not to his surprise many doctor did not believe him.

Until one day, he found a doctor south of Egypt who did believe. Hinfer Plunfg was not a real doctor, he was a witch doctor. It was said he could hear the spirits. Hasani had found him by mistake. He had been looking for a place to stay when he came across this strange old man. The man introduced himself as Hinfer Plunfg and said something unexpected. "Your wife forgives you, my lord."