Late Night Visitor

• Dedicated to Robert Dinh

I was not sure about this chapter, it feels sort of stiff to me. I tried to add more... descriptions of Alecxa and will put up a pic of who i see as her in the next Part. So far i got:

Irial: Ian Somerhalder

Lorenzo: Johnny Depp

Marckus: (a french guy whose name i forgot)

*Tell me what you think of this chapter. Any suggestions on how to make it better?*

Late Night Visitor

Still shocked over Irial's actions, Alecxa walked slowly down the staircase. At the bottom stood Marckus, pacing. When he saw her he looked relieved. He raised his hand, she took it and he kissed it lightly. For a moment they just stood there, looking at each other. He memorized her features. How her lower lips was fuller than her upper, one of her eyes sparkled more, hoe her cheeks were flushed and how her mouth twisted up in a smile. Smiling himself, he lead her to the living room.

Just to make sure that she was okay, Marckus closed his eyes and listened to her heart beat. It was normal, or what was normal when he was with her. He sat down and looked at her. She was wearing a white nightgown with shawl over her. Marckus looked down and noticed that she was barefoot. Somehow, her feet reminded him of Ife.

"What did you want to talk to me about?" Alecxa asked.

"H-have you ever felt alone?" Marckus stood up.

Alecxa looked at him dumbfounded. "Sometimes."

"I always feel alone. ALWAYS. I feel like I have this huge segreto and no one to share it with. For years I have been alone! Do you know what that is like?" He inhaled loudly.

"I must admit... I did. When my mother passed away, I felt alone. I felt betrayed, she left me alone with a Father I didn't really know. But after spending time with him... and friends, I didn't feel so alone. Where is your family?"

"Dead." Marckus looked down. The one true fact about him. "Everyone dead." He sat down next to her.

"You have my Father..." she paused. Looking at the stairs she added, "and now me."

Marckus clasped Alecxa's hand and smiled. "Thank you." As if finally realizing what time it was he said, "I should go." She stood to see him out. At the door, Marckus heard another heart beating. Irial's. Reading his emotions, Marckus figured he had heard everything.

"Alecxa..." Marckus said, one hand on the door. "May I call tomorrow? Not early, I assume you will sleep in?"

"I might." Smiling again she added, "I would love it if you did."

Bending down to kiss her cheek, Irial finally made his appearance. Before Marckus could kiss her, Alecxa turned to see who was coming down the stairs.

"Irial..."

"Hello again Irial." Irial nodded and shook his hand.

"My sister needs her sleep." Irial looked past Marckus to Alecxa. "Is your business done, so that I might walk my sister to her room?"

"Yes, it is. Again," Marckus turned to Alecxa. "I apologize for keeping you."

Marckus stepped out of the house and smiled to himself. The fool Irial was doing his job for him. His jealousy will push her away. In fact he hoped for it. In 3 days he would have to leave, not to return for 2 weeks. In those two weeks they could reconcile, he thought. Then, he whispered to himself, I have 3 days to do some damage.

*¤*

"What the hell was that about?" Irial asked. "Why was he here?"

"Why do you want to know?"

"Just tell me." Walking away and heading to Lorenzo's study, he repeated, "Tell me."

"It was nothing." She stopped him before entering the study and sighed. "Lets talk."

Irial stopped walking and leaned on the door frame. "About?"

"Us." Irial's face soften.

"Yes, let's talk."

"What is going on with you?"

"Me?!" Irial pointed to himself innocently.

"This morning we couldn't take our hands off each other, now you kick me out of your room and disrespect my fathers friends!"

"I just- have you ever felt like your life is meaningless?"

"What? No. This has nothi-"

" That's how I feel." Stretching he added, "I feel meaningless to you. I love you!"

"Yes I know."

"Is that all you have to say?" Indignantly he walked away from her.

"Wait Irial!" Following him she reached out and grabbed his hand. "That's not what I ... I love you I do but," She stopped. "I need to give Marckus a chance."

"No you don't!" His eyes searched hers, trying to make her understand. Marckus is different, he could feel it. "I love you! What else do you need?"

"For father. Marckus is... alone. He has no one, I want to be friends. Friends only I swear." She crossed her heart and looked at Irial expectantly.

"I swear not to... be so jealous." crossing his heart as well. He still wasn't convinced though.

Irial pulled Alecxa to him and kissed her lightly. His hands on her back, he pushed her against the wall and the kiss intensified. But before it could go any further, someone came out of the kitchen. This time Alecxa pushed Irial away, so hard that he hit the opposite wall. Smiling she thought to her self, now we are even.

"Is someone there?" A voice said.

"Father?" In the darkness, Alecxa could see his silhouette. "Father are you okay?"

Coughing he response, "Yes, I am all right. Why are you two not in bed?"

"Marckus needed to talk to Alecxa, we were just going to bed." Irial said.

"Marckus? What did he want?" Lorenzo looked at Alecxa worried.

"He just needed to talk. Father..." She approached Lorenzo and found that he was shivering. "are you sure you are all right?"

"Yes, just a slight chill. Now go to bed." Passing them he went to study and closed the door. Alecxa, still worried, walked to her room.

"What's wrong, sister?"

"He... doesn't get ill." she stated. "I've never seen his ill."

"There is a first time for everything." Irial stepped in front of her. "Do not worry so much. He is a grown man, he can care for himself."

"Irial you did not see your mother die. You did not witness her life slipping from her like I did. It began with a chill too." Looking down, she side swept him and walked up the stairs to her room.

"Alecxa wait! I'll stay up with your father, to make sure it is just a chill." At the top of the stairs, Alecxa smiled. "I'll see you in the morning. Buonanotte, sorella."

"Buonanotte, Irial."

As Irial walked back to the study to check on Lorenzo, he felt eyes on him. A feeling that someone he could not see, was looking at him. Looking around he saw nothing out of the ordinary. No shadows moved, no lights flickering, nothing. With his hand on the door knob he knocked and entered. He didn't see the shadow behind him. A fast moving shadow that looked at him and smiled. Turning away, the shadow left without making a sound.