Chapter 14: The End

Book two will be up soon! I couldn't find any lyric videos for the song sorry!

forest

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alexa’s POV

          I heard the front door to my home open. Someone called my name and knocked at the door. “Come in!” I called.

          The person followed my voice into my room. I looked up and saw, Zack. My eyes were red and bloodshot from crying for two hours straight.

          “Hey, what’s wrong?” Zack asked sitting down next to me.

          “It’s nothing. My boyfriend just dumped me, that’s all.”

          “I’m sorry to hear that,” Zack sighed. “Here, I brought you this.” He took something out of a bag and showed it to me. “This was my sisters, but she can’t fit into it anymore.”

          Zack held out his hand, and I grabbed it. He pulled me up and I chuckled. I put the dress on and it fit just right. “I bought you this,” He held out a brush. “Cause I know that all the hell you’ve been through really screwed that up, but I just hope you won’t be mad at me.”

          I laughed and shook my head. Thank you, Zack.

It took me about fifteen minutes to get ready. As I walked out to the kitchen area, Zack spotted me.

          “My, my,” He started. “You look amazing!”

          “Thanks,” I smiled.

          “I just don’t understand why your boyfriend would break up with you,” Zack walked up to me, “Ready to go?”

          I sighed, and nodded. Zack took my hand and walked me out to the door.

          “So where are we going?” I asked nervously.

          “We’re going to the commons under the stage.”

          I gulped down my nervousness. What if Adam is there?  I shook the thought out of my head.  When we reached the commons, I saw my parents at the bar. They turned and saw me. My mother got up and rushed over to me.

          “Oh, my baby!” She gave me a hug. “Look at you! You’re so beautiful!”

          My father walked up behind my mother. “Hey, baby girl,” He smiled and gave me a hug.

          “Who’s this fine young man?” My mother asked.

          “Mom, Dad, this Zack. Zack, these are my parents,” I introduced.

          “Nice to meet you,” He shook hands with my parents.

          “What happened to, Adam?” My mom asked.

          “Uh, well he broke up with me.”

          My mother gasped. “That’s horrible!”

          I sighed. “Well, it was nice meeting you, Mr. and Mrs. Hanes,” Zack said.

          Zack and I waited for my parents to leave until we sat down at a table. The waitress came up to us. She took our orders and walked back to the kitchen.

          “I’m not sure I told you this, but when I rescued you from Jefferson, you were beautiful the second I saw you. The emotions swallowed me whole. I didn’t care if you looked like hell, I still loved you,” Zack smiled.

          “That is probably the sweetest thing I’ve heard from the past few weeks. I appreciate it a lot.”

          The waitress brought us our food and walked off. I looked up from the table and saw Adam come down the stairs. He saw me and started walking towards me. “I need to talk with you,” He grabbed my arm and pulled me behind.

          Zack shouted and I heard him load his gun. Before he could shoot, we already disappeared into the nightlife.

          “What do you want from me?”

          “I need you to listen closely,” Adam removed his hand from my wrist. “There is something important you have to know. I didn’t break up with accident . . . I did it to help you. Remember the guy that kidnapped you? He did it to get me. If I am anywhere near you, you’ll get killed.”

          “Just leave me -” I started to say, but Adam grabbed my wrist again.

          “This is no joke, if you think it is, it’s not. Please you have to believe me.”

          “No,” I whispered. “No!”

          I ran back to, Zack. Adam shouted my name, but I was already gone.

Zack stayed at my place for the night just in case Adam came back. He fell asleep on the couch.

          “Tell me,” Jackson said walking into my room. “He’s not going to be your new boyfriend.”

          “Why do you think that?”

          “He’s staying here, taking you places.”

          “Is that a problem?”

          Jackson shrugged and started leaving my room. I looked down at my bruised wrist. It was purple and blue. There is one thing I wanted, to punch Adam in the face. Jackson turned around and walked over to me.

          “What happened to your wrist?” He asked as he grabbed my wrist.

          I closed my eyes in pain, “Ow, ow!” I yelled. “I had an accident!”

          “What is with your ex?”

          Tears rolled down my face, “Yes, Jackson!”

          “Alright, I’m just checking.”

          Jackson got up and left the room. I cried in pain as I felt the heat of my skin rise. There was no need for crying. I looked at the clock and saw it was 11:11. Time for making a wish, but I didn’t bother with it. Too many wish, all never true. There was a small rumble outside. A storm, I thought. The sound of rain fell down to the ground. What I needed. Then, as soon as the first lighting strike, I have fallen asleep to the rain.