Chapter 2: Welcome to Hell

hope you like! cover made by 3point1415 sorry for any unconfusing things, i am extremely upset right now

forest

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Alexa’s POV

          This morning felt different . . . there was silence. I got up from my cozy bed, and walked downstairs. When I reached the front door, I opened it, and then opened the storm door. There I stood, with a gapping jaw. Flames filled cars, cars and other vehicles were flipped over. And then I saw someone walking down the street. “Hello?” I called.

          The person looked at me. It started walking slowly towards me. That’s when I realized it wasn’t a person. It slowly walked towards me. There was a loud bang! and then everything turned silent. I slowly looked up. A lady looked at me. She walked towards me, holding her gun in the air, pointing it at me.

          “Who are you?” She yelled.

          She cocked her gun. “Alexa Hanes!”

          “You a walker?”

          “A what?”

          She looked at me as if I was stupid. I looked at her with my “retarded” look. “A walker, they are zombies, but around here, they are called Walkers.”

          “Look,” I pointed out. “I don’t know what happened. I woke up with my family gone and everything was like this. This is making no sense!” I cried.

          “Shhh,” The lady cooed. “I’ll help you find your family.”

          I looked at her, tears rushing down my face. “They’re gone, and they’re never coming back.”

          The lady’s expression saddened. She gently put her hand on my shoulder. I turned completely turned around. “You’re not alone,” She whispered. “My kids and husband are missing.”

          There was another walker coming up the driveway. The lady turned around and pointed her gun at its head. She pulled the trigger, and the person fell to the ground. I wanted to go with her, but my gut said that she’ll kill me. The lady tapped her gun against my arm, held a small black gun, its butt facing me. I swept past her and walked down the driveway.

          “Please!” She called. “I’ll help you!”

          I turned and stood at the end of the driveway. “Why should I trust you?” I called.

          The lady sighed as if I was an annoying three year old. “You can trust me!”

          I left my driveway and just walked down the street. The streets where bare . . . flipped over cars and cars in flames. I walked on the side of the woods. There was the sound of a speeding truck came down the street. I looked over and it was heading straight for me. As quickly as I could, I jumped out of the way and held onto a pine tree. The truck flew over the edge of the hill, crashed, and finished rolling down the hill.

          The sound of glass shattered. I ran down there, the person in the passenger seat is dead. The driver was still alive. He groaned in pain. As soon as his eyes opened, he looked straight at me. His yellow-gold eyes felt like they were burning in my chest. I ran back up the hill as fast as I could, but as soon as I reached the street, the guy grabbed me.

          “No!” I screamed. “Let go of me!”

          “Now, now, little one,” He cooed. “There’s nothing to be afraid of.”

          I felt his blood smear my face. He then licked it off. “What do you want with me?” I cried.

          “Your blood,” He whispered.

          I quickly kicked him before he could touch me. I fell onto the ground, easily scraping my knee along the paved sidewalk. The guy grunted. He picked me back up, and threw onto the ground. I landed right next to the sidewalk. The guy put his foot on my throat.

          “What are you going to do to me?” I chocked.

          “You’ll see,” He whispered, and took his foot off of my throat.

          He picked up his left foot and quickly kicked me in the side. I started rolling down the hill, crashing into trees, scraping and cutting my face. The truck that crashed started a fire. When I looked down, I remembered that a river was down there. I quickly grabbed onto the nearest tree, and hung on for dear life.

          I heard footsteps rapidly approach. If it was this guy, I let go of the tree and rolled straight into the river. Soon after, my vision turned black.